Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Can someone remind me who sang The Wolves, by Mandolin Orange, yesterday? Was it Marc? I just read through the lyrics and am sitting here in tears. What a song! Happy Sunday, all! Rainy here in Rockville, MD, USA

Pretty sure that’s right Liz. Brian might have saved the chat thread, which I honk had the playlist.

A related aside addressed to all, do you think it would be in or out of bounds to play something in Pa’s Zoom season that we have already played at one of our zooms?

A related aside addressed to all, do you think it would be in or out of bounds to play something in Pa’s Zoom season that we have already played at one of our zooms?

That would be fine as long as the recorded version is just on take - filming your zoom entries to next week's actual zoom would be fun too

Chelle! Lullaby just knocked my socks off! And the original you sang yesterday sounded great then, even though I couldn’t see you��, and sounds great in your recording ❤️

Hi, Liz! You are too kind and I am so grateful for you taking time to check out the recordings! Thank you so very much for your most kind feedback! I had a lot of fun with that Lullaby recording; it’s fun to get into character! Big hugs and my heartfelt gratitude to you! ❤️

That Lullaby video was one that I binged on over and over again back in the day, Chelle. It was nice to see it pop up again here. Happy Halloween, all!
-Yukio

That Lullaby video was one that I binged on over and over again back in the day, Chelle. It was nice to see it pop up again here. Happy Halloween, all!
-Yukio

Awww, thanks, Yukio!!! �� (Question marks are supposed to be the Hugs emoji!)

I saw this, and it reminded me of the discussion of songwriting we were having last week.

other things.jpg

Steve, I'm hosting tomorrow. Info same, let me know if you need it to update the thread. Look forward to seeing everyone ~

Steve, I'm hosting tomorrow. Info same, let me know if you need it to update the thread. Look forward to seeing everyone ~

Am I right in saying it is still going to be at 12:30pm West coast time? I think that is now 20:30 GMT.

Am I right in saying it is still going to be at 12:30pm West coast time? I think that is now 20:30 GMT.

I think that is correct Steve. We went back to normal time here last Sunday. So in the U.S. it's 3:30 Eastern, 2:30 Central and 12:30 Pacific time.

Hey, Kev ~ Is this correct info to connect today listed on the first page of this thread or elsewhere — I just want to make sure I have what’s needed to hook up later today. Thank for hosting today, brother!

Hey, Kev ~ Is this correct info to connect today listed on the first page of this thread or elsewhere — I just want to make sure I have what’s needed to hook up later today. Thank for hosting today, brother!

Hey Chelle, Yes Steve has updated the first page with the correct information. See you soon :)

Next session will be November 14, 12:30 pm west coast USA time

Zoom meeting number 622 972 7495
Password is “Woodstock”

Come hang out and share something!

Last edited:
Can we just show up? Not that I know if I can actually make it, but this sounds great, and I miss going along to the open mics at my local (just to listen :)).

The comic strip line refers to a Walt Kelly "Pogo" comic:

Lyrics:

He saw it written in an old comic strip left in the shack where the hermit went
It said "Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent"
He said "I'll write that big and hang it on my wall
And you can use it for my epitaph if I should ever fall"

He said "I left my old life when I came here, but that don't mean it's left behind
All the moments of your past, they still haunt the pathways of your mind
My Sally’s been passed on now some fifteen years or more
Still I 'spect at any time to see her waltz right through that door

So add up all you've had, and all you've loved and lost
Do the sum, then tell me, weren't it worth the cost?
No matter how far out you go or how few folk you see
You’re still a member of a community"

He took that message to every farm and cabin all up and down the northern wood
He said "You call this a mountainside, I call it my neighborhood
This year we've got some empty places at the table
All the reason more to gather up all those still able

And bring them to this glade for a jubilee
Let the music, laughter, and the wine flow free
Come on, my friends and neighbors, from both far and near
I may not know you, but I'm still glad you're here"

"I've savored every moment that I've drained from life's big cup
Even when it's spilling over, I kept shouting 'Fill 'er up!'
The barkeep'll cut you off long before you've had too much"

When I went round to gather him up for the party, he'd already left the place
Sitting in the big chair, face to the window, empty eyes staring into space
I planted him out back beyond the willer tree
And hung up his epitaph for everyone to see

Then prop the cabin door open with a stone
Wish the spirits well and walk away alone
Nail a marker to the signpost where the road takes a bend:
"This way leads to the house of a friend"

Just as we were all signing off from another lovely ZOOM gathering, I heard Elizabeth exclaim, "I love it here!"
I would like to echo those sentiments and thank you all for making the ZOOM meeting something I look forward to each week.

Top Bottom