Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Just as we were all signing off from another lovely ZOOM gathering, I heard Elizabeth exclaim, "I love it here!"
I would like to echo those sentiments and thank you all for making the ZOOM meeting something I look forward to each week.

Absolutely! Thank you everyone for being welcoming to this newbie too! I'll see if I can work out what's wrong with my technology before the next time I join though...

The Zoom sessions have been my favorite thing during the pandemic.

I hear that. Other than my teaching and my rehearsals on Wednesday evenings with my bass player, the open mic sessions are my one time for socializing. And what a bunch of swell folks to socialize with! It was great to see Rob and have Edwin join us as well.

So mention was made of "Gritty" - Here's an article describing how my niece Sarah helped develop the strange orange creature that is the mascot for the Flyers, Philadelphia's NHL team:

https://mainlinetoday.com/uncategorized/sarah-schwab/

Last edited:
I hear that. Other than my teaching and my rehearsals on Wednesday evenings with my bass player, the open mic sessions are my one time for socializing. And what a bunch of swell folks to socialize with! It was great to see Rob and have Edwin join us as well.

So mention was made of "Gritty" - Here's an article describing how my niece Sarah helped develop the strange orange creature that is the mascot for the Flyers, Philadelphia's NHL team. (The article is on Sarah and Gritty, whereas the the video seems unrelated):

https://podphillywho.com/episode/sarah-schwab-the-story-of-gritty/

This is the video that was mentioned during the open mic.

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! We'll start at same time; 2:30 Central time here in the US , 20:30 London time (GMT).

Meeting ID: 736 125 7574
Passcode: Panda

Cheers ~

I'm missing the open mic sessions due to an ongoing conflict on Saturdays. When done, I'll be back. Could be several more weeks. I may even need to reintroduce myself when I am finally done with the conflicts.

I'm missing the open mic sessions due to an ongoing conflict on Saturdays. When done, I'll be back. Could be several more weeks. I may even need to reintroduce myself when I am finally done with the conflicts.

We miss seeing you Frank, you're always welcome~

This sounds interesting. I have signed up for Zoom, but can't seem to find how to access the meeting. Any hints?

I think it might depend on what sort of device you are using, but on a Windows PC you install the Zoom software, then Start Zoom, and click on Join. That's when you enter the Meeting ID and password.

There was mention of a zoom conference for those of us who teach ukulele, and anyone else who is interested for that matter. I'm willing to host it. With enough notice, I am free most weekday evenings. My weekends tend to be pretty crowded, but I could do something early'ish on Sat. or Sun. My time window on weeknights would be from 5:30 - 10:30 pm (Central Time) Weekends time window 9:30(AM) - 1:30 PM. Open for more discussion ~

kev

There was mention of a zoom conference for those of us who teach ukulele, and anyone else who is interested for that matter. I'm willing to host it. With enough notice, I am free most weekday evenings. My weekends tend to be pretty crowded, but I could do something early'ish on Sat. or Sun. My time window on weeknights would be from 5:30 - 10:30 pm (Central Time) Weekends time window 9:30(AM) - 1:30 PM. Open for more discussion ~

kev

I’m free 6-7 pst (7-8 central time) most weekdays and I’m very flexible on weekends (it’s the yoga)

kev

Thanks for sharing the possible times. If in the evenings your time, that would be 0-dark thirty over here. The weekend times are better for the Europeans, but might be a little late for Australia? IDK. I would be willing to wake up in the middle of the night to get in on the teachers discussion, however, so you can pretty much count me in whenever it turns out to work for the majority of folks.
Yukio

Looking like I won't be able to make it this week - hope to be there next time.

Top Bottom