Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Fantastic Steve! Thanks again for setting it up! Yeah, I even had 15 at one point. Definitely enjoyed seeing so many of you in real time ~

Right I'm back, and after a bit of editing, the next session is now set for Monday April 6th, 4pm London time (GMT+1)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/896920825?pwd=VTJqWFo0TElTbXF6OW4wRXRML3FkQT09

Meeting ID: 896 920 825
Password: seasons

I will edit the post at the top of this thread to avoid confusion.

As for the one this afternoon, CeeJay's silent turn was definitely one to remember, but he did redeem himself with not only a repeat performance with the sound turned on, but also clarinet & banjo recitals. Value for money. I was delighted that Jon joined us all the way from the middle of the night, and Joko too must have been with us at a crazy hour.
IMG_20200401_161342795.jpg

The recording (which I only switched on half way through) has just finished saving, and takes up about 700Mb on my PC. I might try to play it at some point, but I don't hold out much hope - I don't think files that big were around when this machine was made.

Last edited:
Greetings,

How I missed you all. Glad to be back listening to the vids. Hope all are well.

Ciao

Hi guys - thanks so much for arranging that Steve! Was great to see and chat with you all and so glad the technology was pretty solid through it all. I’m definitely up for the next one on Monday! And it was a lovely surprise to see Trent in attendance and hear what he’s been up to in his absence from this place. Thanks again everyone! :)

Right I'm back, and after a bit of editing, the next session is now set for Monday April 6th, 4pm London time (GMT+1)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/896920825?pwd=VTJqWFo0TElTbXF6OW4wRXRML3FkQT09

Meeting ID: 896 920 825
Password: seasons

I will edit the post at the top of this thread to avoid confusion.

As for the one this afternoon, CeeJay's silent turn was definitely one to remember, but he did redeem himself with not only a repeat performance with the sound turned on, but also clarinet & banjo recitals. Value for money. I was delighted that Jon joined us all the way from the middle of the night, and Joko too must have been with us at a crazy hour.

The recording (which I only switched on half way through) has just finished saving, and takes up about 700Mb on my PC. I might try to play it at some point, but I don't hold out much hope - I don't think files that big were around when this machine was made.

You should just put it in dropbox or in the Google cloud... or what about the space where you did your 365 sessions.

thanks a lot Steve, and everyone...
just great to see and hear all of you. enjoyed that immensely.
apologies if I swore too much...i'll hold my tongue in check
should I be involved in another one (and perhaps a few less glasses of cab sav) :)

i'll try and join the next one - what are we expected to do?
that's if I can be awake at 1am - what happened to finding a more friendly time for us Aussies?

i'll try and join the next one - what are we expected to do?
that's if I can be awake at 1am - what happened to finding a more friendly time for us Aussies?

We were essentially just taking turns playing songs and having a good chat in between.

Timing is tricky although if was 8pm UK time it'd be 6am on the east coast at least. And mid-morning/early afternoon in the states. That could work?

We were essentially just taking turns playing songs and having a good chat in between.

Timing is tricky although if was 8pm UK time it'd be 6am on the east coast at least. And mid-morning/early afternoon in the states. That could work?

Daylight savings ends on the 5th April so that would be 5am - still better than 1am perhaps - I'll try and get there no matter the hour.....

Daylight savings ends on the 5th April so that would be 5am - still better than 1am perhaps - I'll try and get there no matter the hour.....

Yes, it would be great to see you Brian, whatever the hour. After the one on April 6th, I will set one up at a different time. How about 9.30pm UK time (which is GMT+1)? By my reckoning that would be 6.30am for you, and still daytime for our American chums.

Here are a few clips from the first session.

Nice to see the clips and recall that session, it was fun!

Next time I will use my an USB mike in stead of my headset, courious if that will help on the audio or it is the compression that distords it.

well seems my old Mac can't cope - Zoom needs os 10.10 at least.
reclaiming my much newer desktop in the rumpus room - seems it may cope but haven't used the recording set up on it at all so who knows - it got me to the part of Zoom that said the get together wasn't happening yet so I'm a little hopeful...…
I much prefer making music with people - performing to people really isn't my thing at all....

well seems my old Mac can't cope - Zoom needs os 10.10 at least.
reclaiming my much newer desktop in the rumpus room - seems it may cope but haven't used the recording set up on it at all so who knows - it got me to the part of Zoom that said the get together wasn't happening yet so I'm a little hopeful...…
I much prefer making music with people - performing to people really isn't my thing at all....

Brian - if you want to do a quick test, just let me know. Also, on a PC you might want to look at the audio settings and disable the background noise suppression in the Advanced section. It can cause the filtering to take out the ukulele!

Brian - if you want to do a quick test, just let me know. Also, on a PC you might want to look at the audio settings and disable the background noise suppression in the Advanced section. It can cause the filtering to take out the ukulele!

Thanks Steve.
I'll just wait and see how it goes - if it doesn't work I'll sort it out for the next one.
I presume you mean the audio settings in zoom - i didn't download it - I just clicked on your link.
I think that allows me to join you but doesn't do a full download.
I'll be punctual so that should give me a chance to sort stuff out.....

Thanks Steve.
I'll just wait and see how it goes - if it doesn't work I'll sort it out for the next one.
I presume you mean the audio settings in zoom - i didn't download it - I just clicked on your link.
I think that allows me to join you but doesn't do a full download.
I'll be punctual so that should give me a chance to sort stuff out.....

I haven't worked out the difference between doing the full download (as I have) and just clicking on the meeting link - not sure what settings you have available if you do the latter. Anyway, we are all learning as we go along.

Top Bottom