Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Here is the video with the insane Disney-like shopping area footage. From Buggy Jive. Cool and creative stuff is to be found on his channel. I would encourage everyone to check him out.

Some birds on the Port Hope Waterfront Trail, my daily walk. This trail runs between Lake Ontario and The A.K. Sculthorpe Marsh. The photos were taken with a Samsung cellphone.
An egret with a friendly duck.
Egret by DD.jpg

A great blue heron at the west end of the marsh
GBH@.jpg

Is this a green heron Brian?
GH@.jpg

A pissed off mute swan
pissed off swan.jpg

A Canada on its nest
Canada on nest.jpg

They're beautiful! Love the loooong, lanky egret

It certainly looks like a Green Heron to me. Shy and beautiful creatures, those.

Some birds on the Port Hope Waterfront Trail, my daily walk. This trail runs between Lake Ontario and The A.K. Sculthorpe Marsh. The photos were taken with a Samsung cellphone.
An egret with a friendly duck.
View attachment 136491
He looks a bit like he's singing to the duck:

"Egrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention".

(beautiful photo, Jim!)

Did this already happen today? Not sure what time these are running anymore, but I'd like to join one in the future :)
Hello - Always look on the first "page" of the thread for the updated weekly info. We've met every week since April of 2020, I believe. I hope you can join us!

Info for next week's session:
TIME: Oct 30, 12:30 pacific coast usa time
ZOOM: 622 972 7495 (no password necessary)

Just for fun since we were talking about birds...

Guess what bird I just wrote a song about, without Googling it.

'I zigzag clumsily down the runway
These great white wings of mine are fragile
A stout rope of sinew locks into place at my shoulder
And I shall fly for ten thousand miles'

Just for fun since we were talking about birds...

Guess what bird I just wrote a song about, without Googling it.

'I zigzag clumsily down the runway
These great white wings of mine are fragile
A stout rope of sinew locks into place at my shoulder
And I shall fly for ten thousand miles'

Our clocks moved back by an hour overnight, so after last night's discussion, the plan is to keep the time at 8.30pm London time (which is GMT for the next 6 months). This means that for anyone who didn't move their clocks last night, the session on Nov 6th will be an hour later. But then on the 7th in the USA, clocks go back there too, so it will be back to "normal" (if there is such a thing) after that.
I have updated the top post, assuming Kevin is in charge. Let me know if not.

We mentioned this video tonight - a way to hide songs appears to be sandwiching it between two others.

It's such a shame Ian Emerson isn't playing anymore. There's no-one as effortless as him.

I remember Ian doing Windmills of your mind back in his cosmos days. I thought he was great.

Just got a note from a Montreal friend. He said, "Linda is very much around and playing. She sings in and directs various vocal ensembles (a great arranger and choir director). Has been big into Gaelic song in recent years. Appears occasionally in Montreal doing her own stuff with bassist Bill Gossage and guitarist Andrew Cowan. I've been waiting for a mooted follow-up CD to Line by Line for about 25 years now."

Here is the video with the insane Disney-like shopping area footage. From Buggy Jive. Cool and creative stuff is to be found on his channel. I would encourage everyone to check him out.

Insanely good ~

FYI ~ I'm down for hosting Saturday ~

P.S. After rereading Brian's email: I'm confirming, just this once (2021), assuming we're still on daylight savings time, we'll be starting an hour later than usual. For me that means 3:30 pm local time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom