Ila hosted on 5/13. Here are the songs played:

Voran “Rooks on the Seventh” (orig.)

Jim P. Strange Cave “Love Sounds Like Rain”

Brian “The Smiths “How Soon is Now”

Marc Rosalie Sorrells “My Last Go Round”

Edwin the Clash “Rudy Can’t Fail”

Del Daniel Bedingfield “If You’re Not the One”

Jim Y Riley Puckett “I’m Ragged but Right”

Wendy “Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!” (orig.)

Christopher AC/DC “TNT”

Chris the Paper Kites “Bloom”

Lisa “I Am My Mother’s Daughter” (orig.)

Ila Billy Joel “Summer Highland Falls”

Brian will be hosting next week - hope to see you!

Last edited:
Open Mic May 20:

Steve curry “Do or Die” Human League
Jim P broccoli “Ripples” Genesis
Del bleu cheese “I Can’t Get It Out of My Head” ELO
Wendy liver “Eat it!” Weird Al
Jim Y asparagus “He’ll Have to Go". Joe and Audrey Allison
Chris Brussels sprouts “All I Want” Kodaline
Lisa broccoli “Trucker Angels” (orig)
Joko French onion soup “On Top of Old Smokey”
Brian Mexican food “Crystal Silence” Chick Corea

Thanks to Charldene for her suggestion of the theme question (What food do you love now but hated as a kid ?)
Charldene: sashimi

Great session today folks! I'll be absent next week so I presume Ila will do the honors of hosting

Poop. Missed it because I was dead tired and fell asleep.

So… following the chat about misheard lyrics on Zoom yesterday, here’s the hilarious comedy routine by Peter Kay I mentioned! I hope you’ll be able to cope with his northern English accent:

Here are the details of the weekly Seasonista open mic session. Over two years on, these are still running. Everybody is welcome!

See below for the next date & time

If you haven't used Zoom before, it is worth signing up and installing it on your PC/device first, from https://zoom.us/. Painless and free.

All Seasonistas, past & present, welcome! The format is along the lines of an open mic session, with one person singing a song, and the rest of us (muted, to avoid horrible delays) can listen or join in, in the safe knowlege that nobody else can hear them! Then everyone gets un-muted for wild applause, and on to the next person.

Update - the next session is booked for Saturday June 24th, 20:30 London time (GMT+1), 12.30 West Coast.

See the end of this thread for logon details (can someone supply them?)
I’ll be hosting this week… zoom meeting 622 972 7495 no password required

7/1/23 Ila hosting
The question of the day "What did you eat for dinner last night?"

Steve: get carter & I am the law by Human League
potato frittata

Voran: nephila (orig.)
blueberry pancakes

Jim P: “You’ll Be Back” Hamilton soundtrack
mahi-mahi in teriyaki sauce, broccoli, baked potato

Andy: Holiday by the Kinks
grilled salmon and lemon, wild rice, and green beans

Michael: Steal Away. Robbie Dupree
Filipino food

Brian: “you can’t wake up if you don’t fall asleep” by Jarvis cocker
Tagine chicken with broccoli and cous cous

Del: The House Made Of Straw - original
Baked potatoes with cheese and baked beans for dinner yesterday

Marc: “Red, White & Blue” by Michael Fracasso
chicken teriyaki stir fry with brocolli, carrots, rice & snappeas

Jim Y: Singing In The Bathtub - Herb Magidson, Ned Washington & Michael Cleary 1929
chicken breast, beets and salad

Wendy: Crazy For Ritz Crackers - mashup of a Ritz cracker jingle with “Puttin’ on the Ritz” and “Our House” by Madness, with the word “crazy” thrown in
cheese and a banana

Chris: X Ambassadors - Unsteady
pasta

Lisa: "I Can"
salad and smoothie

Ila: Paul Simon - "Still crazy After All these Years"
Breaded fried asparagus potstickers cheese cake

Brian will host next week 622 972 7495

Last edited:
I should make it this week! I know I haven't been very good at showing up lately (maybe less good even than usual...). But it also occurred to me that there might be lots of people who might want to join in who find out a bit too late, so, for the sake of visibility, I'll repeat the connection details here:

Update - the next session is booked for Saturday July 8th, 20:30 London time (GMT+1), 12.30 West Coast.

Brian will be hosting - Zoom 622 972 7495 no password.

(That's about 2 hours and 20 minutes from the time of posting. Hope to see you there!)

In general, if anyone wants to join in, it happens every Saturday. Just check the first post in this thread for this week's connection details. Generally, we spend a few minutes chatting, then we sing a song each. The songs usually lead to a bit of chat (about the original artist, or songs it reminds people of, or whatever). The usual rule is that the order is determined by the order people connect to the session, but if people have to leave early for whatever reason, or it's late at night, the order can be flexible.

I know it can be a bit intimidating to join this sort of thing, especially given that it's a group who have got to know each other over the last couple of years. I particularly know this because I am a massive introvert in real life... but I also know that the group loves to have new people join in, and I know that you will be welcome if you do. So I hope you do!

Oh, I should add, if you want to drop it just to listen and chat, that's no problem. You'll probably be asked if you want to play, and even encouraged, because it's hard to know if someone's just being shy, but no means no and that's absolutely fine.

You can always say (as I did one time a few months ago) that your uke is in the hotel storage and so it's literally impossible to play. It was true in my case that time, but I expect if you say that we'll know exactly what you mean :).

Ooops! Do we need to enter a brand new meting code or something to get back on Charldene's Open Mic?

Guys, I don't think Charlene's meeting is going to let us back in. Let's use mine.

Guys, I don't think Charlene's meeting is going to let us back in. Let's use mine.

The meeting ID is 876 0388 2231
Password 698810

I’ll be at a family function in deepest, darkest Essex this Saturday, so sadly won’t be at open mic. Have fun without me - you may wish to designate somebody to deputise for me as “the boring one” in my absence! 🤓

Top Bottom