Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Here's how I transpose using the circle of fifths... say you're playing a 1, 5, 2 in A... I can move the same chord jumps in F (or any key) and get a 1, 5 ,2 just by following the pattern.

This might be lazy and not good for my brain, but it works for quick mindlessness.

1000029410.jpg

here's what we did on Mar. 2:

The theme question was "what book would you recommend to anyone to read"

Ila
"Lamb" by Christopher Moore. The Jesus story told by Jesus' best friend , Biff
"The Cheers Theme" from the '80s TV show

Jim Y
"Who Has Seen the Wind" by O. A. Mitchell
"Origin of Species" by Chris Smithers

Jim P
"The Emperors of Chocolate"
"Every Post and Pillar " (original song)

Rick
"Thinking Fast and Slow" by David Kahneman
"R.E.T.I.R.E.D." (original lyrics to the tune of "D.I.V.O.R.C.E" by Tammy Wynette)

Wendy
"The Three Laws of Performance"
"Leap Day" original song

Michael
"With a Little Help from My Friends" by George Maritn
""No Myth" by Michael Penn

Chris L
"The Creative Act" by Rick Rubin
"Pua O Lena" Hawasiian song instrumental

Lisa
"Animal Wise" by Ted Andrews
"Faith of a Child" (original song)

Brian
"Earth Abides" by George Stewart
"Rainy Days and Mondays" by Paul Williams (in honor of Karen Carpenter's birthday)

I'll be hosting again next week - Really hope to see you!

good session this week!
I had everyone write their tunes in the chat thread then promptly forgot to copy them when the session was over, so I'm afraid there will be no comprehensive report : (

Ila will host next week, and it was determined by the group that its her call on how to manage the impending time change for the next session.

good session this week!
I had everyone write their tunes in the chat thread then promptly forgot to copy them when the session was over, so I'm afraid there will be no comprehensive report : (

Ila will host next week, and it was determined by the group that its her call on how to manage the impending time change for the next session.
We forgot to resolve this, I think? I'm gonna assume, unless Ila declares otherwise, that since Ila is hosting and is in the US, that we are going go with US time. Which means, for those of us outside the US and Canada (except Arizona, etc), we will be meeting an hour EARLIER this week.

If Ila decides otherwise, please let us know as soon as possible, so I can enjoy the extra hour's sleep. 😁

We forgot to resolve this, I think? I'm gonna assume, unless Ila declares otherwise, that since Ila is hosting and is in the US, that we are going go with US time. Which means, for those of us outside the US and Canada (except Arizona, etc), we will be meeting an hour EARLIER this week.

If Ila decides otherwise, please let us know as soon as possible, so I can enjoy the extra hour's sleep. 😁
Ila has confirmed in email that we will be going with US time ... so 12:30pm PDT / 3:30pm EDT / 7:30pm UK / 8:30pm Europe / 5:30am Brisbane.

ALERT: This is an hour earlier for everyone NOT in US or Canada places that changed to DST last weekend (so an hour earlier for Arizona too).

I have updated the post at the top of the thread. Thanks for doing all the hard sums Wendy!
I will probably be missing again due to family meet-ups...

I Just Wish That She Were Here - Garrison Keillor

I heard Garrison Keillor do this on a tape of a Prairie Home Companion radio show. I assumed that he wrote it, but I may be wrong. I sang it at yesterday's Seasonistas' Open Mic Zoom Meet Up, but it was very poorly attended, with NO female members, so I made this for the Zoom thread.
This one's for you ladies...we missed you.

Last edited:
Well it was a meeting of the good ol’ boys club last Saturday. With no wimmen foke around we decided to go commando and not even have a theme!

Here’s what went down:
Jim Y - Garrison Keillor “I just wish she were here”
Marc - Warren Zevon “Monkey Wash Donkey Rinse”
Michael - “Mail Order Bride” original
Dennis - Slade Cleaves “It’s a Beautiful Thing”
Jim P - Ron Grainer “The Prisoner” (main theme)
Steve - Katherine Priddy/George Boomsma “ Ready to Go”
Chris L - Jimi Hendrix “Little Wing”
Brian - Stevie Wonder “Tell Me Something Good”

Last edited:
Top Bottom