Beater

The used a rock for a pick.

And for that price?!

Looking at their asking price, it is nice to see that optimism is still alive and well in today's world.

Wow, looks like Trigger!

I'm glad I haven't been bitten by the vintage bug. Would you have to be bitten by a malaria carrying mosquito to pay almost $1k for that?

I'll take a Timms and a shelf full of song books thanks. ;)

Last edited:
At that price they must think that the thinned top has greatly improved the sound or that the Martin Market is going wild.
If any of my rescues are now in that price range, SELL SELL SELL unless you think you've got a Stradivarius. :drool:

Dust? That's patina - you pay extra for that!

John Colter

My uke will look like that in about 15 years...well, except for the dust, it doesn't lie still long enough to get dusty.

Remember that dealer on Reverb who said, "Don't even think about bidding on this"? It was for a really bad old uke.

The seller is all excited that 13 people are watching his sale, but we're all lurking in the shadows to see if someone else actually buys it. Hmm, maybe it's giving the wrong impression to some naive buyer that there are so many people watching. Oh, the moral quandry. Should I unwatch?

This thread is providing a much needed chuckle. I had initially wondered at the price—was there something I didn't see that warranted collector status?—but no, just a real optimistic seller. :)

Well it is a Martin after all...

Top Bottom