2019 Mauloa Acacia Tenor from HMS - No longer available!

rhiggie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
2019 Mauloa Acacia Tenor from HMS (out of stock)

In keeping with my 1 in, 1 out rule, I was fortunate to get the KoAloha Sceptre posted here last week, so something's gotta find a new home. I fell in love with the killer looks of the Mauloa acacia and the sound just put it over the top. It's a very well made uke, along the lines of aNueNue, with a "beach" inlay like you rarely see short of something custom. Really nice acacia with some flame in it, trimed with flamed maple bindings and end wedge. Nice abalone accents that cut around the wide flamed maple comfort edge that really makes it a pleasure to hold. A most unusual slotted headstock, and they use bracing similar to Kanile'a. Joel suggested a low G for it when we talked about the setup, so that's what's on it. As much as I love to look at this uke, at the end of the day it has a very similar sound to my other high end Koa ukes which is why I'm willing to part with it. Comes with a heavily padded embroidered gig bag. It's as close to new condition as you can get. I can't find anything to show it was played much (to many ukes sharing my play time). Comes from a smoke/pet/Corona free home and is kept with all my instruments in a humidity controlled room. $550 Paypal Friends and Family plus shipping/insurance. I like FedEx but you can pick. They are all doing a wonderful job moving stuff around this country! Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any questions, or want big photos. And STAY HEALTHY!

Lots more details on the HMS site for these ukes:
https://www.theukulelesite.com/mauloa-acacia-tenor-package-tt-80cz.html
And some good low G sound samples:
https://vimeo.com/356327546

Attachments

• IMG_7081.jpg
    IMG_7081.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7085.jpg
    IMG_7085.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_7083.jpg
    IMG_7083.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7088.jpg
    IMG_7088.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7090.jpg
    IMG_7090.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Here's some more photos...

Attachments

• IMG_7086.jpg
    IMG_7086.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7091.jpg
    IMG_7091.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7097.jpg
    IMG_7097.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7098.jpg
    IMG_7098.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 38
A most unusual slotted headstock, and they use bracing similar to Kanile'a.

I played one of these last year at HMS, very cool looking but could not remember the brand. Apparently this is the company that makes the Kanilea Islanders, and that's why they are allowed to use similar bracing. They made a big splash last year at NAMM and I wonder why we don't hear much about them anymore. Thanks for helping me remember what I played.

Maybe I screwed up putting No Longer Available in the title. I meant Out of Stock at HMS. Is there any way to edit the listing Title? IT IS STILL FOR SALE! Thanks, keep strumming and stay healthy! Rick

Top Bottom