Taconic Cigar Box Ukes

Swiftsailor98

Reaction score
I've been looking at cigar box ukuleles on Reverb lately. Several of the nice ones--not Kamaka nice, 'cuz I've seen some of those--are listed from Taconic Cigar Box Guitar.

Does anyone have experience with any of these cigar box ukuleles?

While I have extra time on my hands, I don't have the time to build my own. For me, more importantly, the company looks like a small builder from New York, and the thought of supporting a small business owner in this time is appealing.

There's a couple video clips and sound samples online, but I thought with the size of this community, someone may have put their hands on one.

Stay safe and healthy!!

Never had one of those, but have built two of my own. The first was a soprano made from a box that some tools came in, which a friend of mine gave me.
I played it for a while then gifted it to a friend who coveted it! The second,which I still own (and which is probably my most played instrument) is a concert scale resonator. I was given the cone by a member of our group,who had replaced the cone on his reso; the box came with a set of Boulle in,and I bought that many years ago! I hardly ever use the Boulle nowadays, but the box happened to fit the concert scale nicely, so it was seconded for that purpose!
So no knowledge of the ones you are checking out, but from my experience, a good 'cigar box' is a thing of beauty,and can be fun to play!

There's a guy with chicken in his name who's renowned for making em.

A good conversation with Steve from Taconic Cigar Box Guitars, and I'm planning on purchasing a concert he has in the works.

I'll have to post a NUD and sound sample in a few weeks.

Top Bottom