Thread: Old Martins

Default Old Martins

The appreciation of my rescued Martins has been humbly noticed by me, I must resist the temptation to find others to mend, I’m going to take some time to reestablish muscle memory to my fretting hand.
    Spending time with the 1943 Concert and pick up some tricks, maybe even post a song.
    Keep on Strumming Dave

Dave,

I can’t thank you enough for bringing a neglected Martin into my life. It’s a joy to play (and to admire) but you’re the treasure for rescuing these instruments that still have a lot to say.

Happy strumming!
    Rick
    SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by PetalumaRescuke View Post
    The appreciation of my rescued Martins has been humbly noticed by me, I must resist the temptation to find others to mend, I’m going to take some time to reestablish muscle memory to my fretting hand.
    Spending time with the 1943 Concert and pick up some tricks, maybe even post a song.
    Keep on Strumming Dave
    I wish you well in your break but also hope that some more treasures make their way into your workshop. If there were a cheap and easy way to get one of your (rather special) rescues here (in the U.K.) I’d be making enquires. Thank goodness there are some folk out there who understand the importance of repair (of all types of goods) rather than just making profit from whatever new stuff they can sell.

Rescued Martins, now there's something!
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert called Kalea
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone called Kalua
    Fender DG5 Dreadnought guitar named Tilly
    Tanglewood Discovery guitar
    Valencia hybrid classical guitar

My Music Blog

+1 to that, I love my rescue Martin from Dave! Enjoy your downtime and I look forward to your song.

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Dave,

I can’t thank you enough for bringing a neglected Martin into my life. It’s a joy to play (and to admire) but you’re the treasure for rescuing these instruments that still have a lot to say.

Happy strumming!
    Rick
    John

Thumbs up

I finally got another ukulele about seven weeks ago. It is a beautiful ~1950s Martin Style 0 Soprano in player condition rescued and customized by PetalumaRescuke. It had dings, scratches, cracks, and previous repairs indicating that it was well loved. PetalumaRescuke fixed up the cracks, repaired the repairs, and set it up nicely along with doing some customization.

It now has the peghead geared tuners and two strap buttons that I wanted. I like the way it looks, and it feels and sounds very good. This is my daily driver.

Since the old Martin is very loud, clear, and punchy, I have been refining my strumming technique. Now the subtleties of the strum can easily be heard. Have been doing a lot more finger picking as it sounds so good!

Special thanks to Ukecaster for recommending PetalumaRescuke; and a big thank you to PetalumaRescuke for doing such a wonderful job, Thank you!

-dgame

I think you should rescue some tenors and baritones!

Thread Information