Old Martins

PetalumaRescuke

Reaction score
The appreciation of my rescued Martins has been humbly noticed by me, I must resist the temptation to find others to mend, I’m going to take some time to reestablish muscle memory to my fretting hand.
Spending time with the 1943 Concert and pick up some tricks, maybe even post a song.
Keep on Strumming Dave

Dave,

I can’t thank you enough for bringing a neglected Martin into my life. It’s a joy to play (and to admire) but you’re the treasure for rescuing these instruments that still have a lot to say.

Happy strumming!
Rick

The appreciation of my rescued Martins has been humbly noticed by me, I must resist the temptation to find others to mend, I’m going to take some time to reestablish muscle memory to my fretting hand.
Spending time with the 1943 Concert and pick up some tricks, maybe even post a song.
Keep on Strumming Dave

I wish you well in your break but also hope that some more treasures make their way into your workshop. If there were a cheap and easy way to get one of your (rather special) rescues here (in the U.K.) I’d be making enquires. Thank goodness there are some folk out there who understand the importance of repair (of all types of goods) rather than just making profit from whatever new stuff they can sell.

Rescued Martins, now there's something!

+1 to that, I love my rescue Martin from Dave! Enjoy your downtime and I look forward to your song.

Dave,

I can’t thank you enough for bringing a neglected Martin into my life. It’s a joy to play (and to admire) but you’re the treasure for rescuing these instruments that still have a lot to say.

Happy strumming!
Rick

I finally got another ukulele about seven weeks ago. It is a beautiful ~1950s Martin Style 0 Soprano in player condition rescued and customized by PetalumaRescuke. It had dings, scratches, cracks, and previous repairs indicating that it was well loved. PetalumaRescuke fixed up the cracks, repaired the repairs, and set it up nicely along with doing some customization.

It now has the peghead geared tuners and two strap buttons that I wanted. I like the way it looks, and it feels and sounds very good. This is my daily driver.

Since the old Martin is very loud, clear, and punchy, I have been refining my strumming technique. Now the subtleties of the strum can easily be heard. Have been doing a lot more finger picking as it sounds so good!

Special thanks to Ukecaster for recommending PetalumaRescuke; and a big thank you to PetalumaRescuke for doing such a wonderful job, Thank you!

-dgame

Top Bottom