How’s the time to service the shop tools

Timbuck

Reaction score
Now’s the time to service the shop tools

Just stripped down the bandsaw this morning...replaced a couple of bearings in the blade guides and greased all the sliding parts...This afternoon I’ll start on the thickness sander and remove all the sawdust from inside the drum and fit a new sanding belt and re adjust the leveller settings....then a bit of maintenance on the lathe is needed...makes a change from making sawdust.:)

Last edited:
Just sharpened 32 chisels.
Next project will be to improve dust extraction.
Miguel

When I was working, I used to frequent garage sales and acquire neglected and forlorn-looking chisels. I promised them I'd restore their dignity when I retired.
I'm retired.
Miguel

I need to rebuild my bandsaw, no bearings and everything not essential is closed. Need to do work on my drum sander but I'll probably leave it till I build another one. Jointer needs work, table saw, bet sander...

There was a master luthier in Paracho, Mexico who is reputed to have said he could build a guitar with only a luthier's knife. Now that's Lean Manufacturing.
If you think 32 chisels is impressive, you should see my wood collection.
Miguel

He dons his chain mail glove, grips the blade tightly, and pounds them in with the handle.

There was a master luthier in Paracho, Mexico who is reputed to have said he could build a guitar with only a luthier's knife. Now that's Lean Manufacturing.
If you think 32 chisels is impressive, you should see my wood collection.
Miguel

Sure, a knife would be doable. Really hard to resaw though. Watch the Mexican luthier say, "You call that a knife?"

Top Bottom