Hoffmann Spruce Tenor with pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinlover

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
ML Style Hoffman Tenor Ukulele 2018 — Spruce/Mahogany with ebony fretboard — with passive pickup. A real player, has strum marks, a little buckle rash and 3 tiny gouges under the bridge under the A-string. Still a beautiful example of Hoffmann’s workmanship. Wonderful to look at and play. The sustain goes on and on. I have a new baritone on the way and have to let something go. SOLD
PICTURES HERE: https://woodstockjo.wixsite.com/mysite/hoffmann
SOUND SAMPLE: https://soundcloud.com/donotsubscribe/hoffmann-sound-sample
EDIT: comes with custom case.

Last edited:
Nice. I have a cedar/koa one that is quite resonant. Deep and warm but with very clear notes.

Is the body of yours mahogany? I'll bet it projects really well.

Best of luck with the sale.

Apart from the issues mentioned initially, it appears to have a gouge on the back of the body? Also, what are the back and sides made of? Many thanks.

Apart from the issues mentioned initially, it appears to have a gouge on the back of the body? Also, what are the back and sides made of? Many thanks.

I am not sure what the back and sides are made of. The picture of the back shows buckle rash. Not a deep gouge. The finish is worn there.
4C0D1DB3-1C43-4AB2-9759-5DBF8A58CCE7.jpg

I want to mention that the fretboard is flat. It seems I prefer radius fretboards because I can barre them easier.

I'm no expert, but at a glance, back and sides look like Mahogany.

Good luck with the sale ~

Here’s a photo for size comparison. From right to left: Martin soprano, Mya Moe concert resonator, Barron River tenor, Mya Moe tenor, Hoffmann tenor, Pono baritone.
319063FE-3096-4608-B4E4-52DDA9B508D2.jpg

Is your Hoffman the larger ML style body or the standard one? Very nice looking ukulele. I’ve always admired what they do. How do you like the “pinned” nut? I have never placed one but hope to. Cool idea, as are all the innovations that Hoffman/boat paddle have done over the years. I especially like the designs.

Is your Hoffman the larger ML style body or the standard one? Very nice looking ukulele. I’ve always admired what they do. How do you like the “pinned” nut? I have never placed one but hope to. Cool idea, as are all the innovations that Hoffman/boat paddle have done over the years. I especially like the designs.

I don’t know what size it is in relation to other Hoffmanns. I like the pin nut however it cannot be easily adjusted or replaced. So all size strings no matter the diameter sit on top of the nut.

I have been reluctant to post a sound sample because my playing is not that good AND my style, if you could call it that, does not do this ukulele justice. I think the strings, which are florucarbon and a low g Fremont Soloist now, might not be the best for this uke. The Fremont is fine but I think maybe higher tension strings would be better.
https://soundcloud.com/donotsubscribe/hoffmann-sound-sample

Last edited:
If that is you playing, then you play pretty well. Nice sound sample.

This has a brighter sound than my Hoffman ML Cedar/Koa. Really nice sound to it.

Best of luck with the sale.

This sounds wonderful! Wish I could do it. I'm trying to save for a custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom