Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important notice about using wipes for toilet paper.

Default Important notice about using wipes for toilet paper.

Wipes are not a good substitute for toilet paper. In the first week of people staying home, my apartment building sewer line backup badly. The plumber that cleared it said they're inundated with sewer line calls. He said that they're finding loads of wipes, and because wipes don't dissolve in water like paper, they should never be used as toilet paper. He actually said that anyone using wipes needs to throw them in a trash bag to be disposed of like diapers.

I use em but I dispose of them in a dog poop sack
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone
    And a whole heap of other instruments...

My Music Blog

In Puerto Rico the sewer systems are old and decrepit and it is common to dispose of toilet paper in the trash can. There are signs in a lot of the restrooms in the tourist area telling people not to flush the toilet paper, but they do it anyway. There are plumbers who make a living doing nothing other than unplugging toilet lines in the tourist zone.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

"I use em but I dispose of them in a dog poop sack"

Is this when you are out and about?

John Colter

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    "I use em but I dispose of them in a dog poop sack"

Is this when you are out and about?

John Colter
    Ha, funny...
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone
    And a whole heap of other instruments...

My Music Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    Wipes are not a good substitute for toilet paper. In the first week of people staying home, my apartment building sewer line backup badly. The plumber that cleared it said they're inundated with sewer line calls. He said that they're finding loads of wipes, and because wipes don't dissolve in water like paper, they should never be used as toilet paper. He actually said that anyone using wipes needs to throw them in a trash bag to be disposed of like diapers.
    Yes, sad but true. People think, "Out of sight - out of mind." I have a septic system here, so I'm careful about what goes down the drain - any drain. In a recent test - maybe Consumer Reports, Scotts single ply dissolved very well, even when used several layers thick. Angel Soft was one of the best at dissolving.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

"Scotts single ply dissolved very well, even when used several layers thick. Angel Soft was one of the best at dissolving"

We need BazMaz to do a detailed review. Written, that is, we don't need a video.

John Colter

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    "Scotts single ply dissolved very well, even when used several layers thick. Angel Soft was one of the best at dissolving"

We need BazMaz to do a detailed review. Written, that is, we don't need a video.

John Colter
    Your comment reminded me of this.

Toilet Paper Lost.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

The original post reminds me of an experience with drains about 30 years ago. My good neighbour came to me for help when his (downstairs) shower tray wouldn’t drain and some rather unpleasant stuff was backing up into it. Mine was the last of four houses served by a shared drain which emptied into a local main sewer, trouble was it wasn’t emptying. The grass on my lawn was growing well, no wonder because water was seeping out of the manhole cover!

Fortunately we had some drain rods between us and managed to lift the cover on an unpleasant and potentially unhealthy sight. After a while we located and cleared the outflow but what an unpleasant job! As I recall it was decided that Ladies Sanitary Products had caused the problem and I left it to my neighbour to raise the matter with the folk up-stream - nobody admitted guilt but we never had the problem again.

Here in the UK we have had problems due to wipes in the sewage systems and our Water Companies say that there are only three things that should be going into a toilet: pee, poo and (toilet) paper. Having had to sort out the consequences of non adherence I’d very much agree with their statement.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 06-15-2020 at 07:59 AM.

This is a common problem. Everybody has wet wipes in their bathroom. Sometimes we see mold on the corners of the bathroom or in an inaccessible place. Then the first desire is to take something closer and wipe off the mold)) But I myself prefer to keep my steam mop in the bathroom. This is perfect for small areas. I can stop thinking and remove dirt or mold in a few seconds.

Thread Information