Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long stalls.

Default Long stalls.

In the last couple of days I'm experiencing long stalls when moving around the forum. I have to quit my browser (Safari) to get going again. Is this happening to anyone else?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Haven't had the problem on Linux using Firefox.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

It may be just down to heavy internet use. FarceBook starts hanging every now and then and a couple of other sites I visit (Accordion Forum and YT). Not experienced it on here ,but I tend to just drop in and post on the seasons and don't hang about.

It only happens to me on UU, nowhere else. I've deleted the cache. Still happening and frustrating as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    In the last couple of days I'm experiencing long stalls when moving around the forum. I have to quit my browser (Safari) to get going again. Is this happening to anyone else?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    Yes, I’m experiencing similar. It’s a recent change. I use Safari too.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Greenbag View Post
    Yes, I’m experiencing similar. It’s a recent change. I use Safari too.
    Whew, I thought I was the only one.

This is getting more and more frustrating, it's still happening. I cleared the cache, which didn't help, then I cleared history, which forced me to re-login on all my sites. A giant pain! I'll see if that helped.
    Last edited by kohanmike; 04-14-2020 at 05:59 PM.

So far clearing the history seems to have corrected it. I've also been getting an error from my backup app, Carbon Copy Cloner of two Safari items. Tomorrow I'll know if that is fixed as well.

Here in NYC, over the past week when accessing the forum, I'm not seeing any slowdowns on either my 2012 Macbook running Safari in Mojave nor on my 2014 Dell laptop running Firefox in Ubuntu.

It could be your ISP is having issues. Maybe you could look into that?

With everyone working from home and doing remote classroom videos, the internet is under strain like never before, and on a global scale since the virus, so internet traffic congestion with most ISPs should be expected now.

If not your own ISP, the bottleneck could also be somewhere along the way from your home connection to where ever the forum is hosted. There are many stops along the way (look into how to use the free traceroute program (comes with all Win/Mac/Linux/Unix computers by default) via google search to learn how to see how many stops there are from your home or office connection and see if there are any trouble spots with added latency along the way, which could be slowing it down.
    -Joe......Have uke, will travel...

It only happened with UU, nowhere else, but as I mentioned, since I cleared the history, it's working.

Thread Information