Long stalls.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
In the last couple of days I'm experiencing long stalls when moving around the forum. I have to quit my browser (Safari) to get going again. Is this happening to anyone else?

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

It may be just down to heavy internet use. FarceBook starts hanging every now and then and a couple of other sites I visit (Accordion Forum and YT). Not experienced it on here ,but I tend to just drop in and post on the seasons and don't hang about.

It only happens to me on UU, nowhere else. I've deleted the cache. Still happening and frustrating as can be.

In the last couple of days I'm experiencing long stalls when moving around the forum. I have to quit my browser (Safari) to get going again. Is this happening to anyone else?

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yes, I’m experiencing similar. It’s a recent change. I use Safari too.

This is getting more and more frustrating, it's still happening. I cleared the cache, which didn't help, then I cleared history, which forced me to re-login on all my sites. A giant pain! I'll see if that helped.

Last edited:
So far clearing the history seems to have corrected it. I've also been getting an error from my backup app, Carbon Copy Cloner of two Safari items. Tomorrow I'll know if that is fixed as well.

Here in NYC, over the past week when accessing the forum, I'm not seeing any slowdowns on either my 2012 Macbook running Safari in Mojave nor on my 2014 Dell laptop running Firefox in Ubuntu.

It could be your ISP is having issues. Maybe you could look into that?

With everyone working from home and doing remote classroom videos, the internet is under strain like never before, and on a global scale since the virus, so internet traffic congestion with most ISPs should be expected now.

If not your own ISP, the bottleneck could also be somewhere along the way from your home connection to where ever the forum is hosted. There are many stops along the way (look into how to use the free traceroute program (comes with all Win/Mac/Linux/Unix computers by default) via google search to learn how to see how many stops there are from your home or office connection and see if there are any trouble spots with added latency along the way, which could be slowing it down.

I have to wait a few seconds to get a post completed.

Yep,same here Mike. Getting to the point it's not worth going on UU anymore. I always have to shut down Safari and start over. All the rest of the sites I go on are fine. It's just been UU.

I have to wait a few seconds to get a post completed.

That seems normal, for me it has always been that way.

Yep,same here Mike. Getting to the point it's not worth going on UU anymore. I always have to shut down Safari and start over. All the rest of the sites I go on are fine. It's just been UU.

Clearing the history fixed it so far. It's on the Safari menu, but you'll have to sign in to all your sites again.

WRONG! It is not fixed. Now I'm going to trace down the error I'm getting in Carbon Copy Cloner.

Nope not there either. Is anyone admin seeing this? Rayan, someone?

Last edited:
Nope not there either. Is anyone admin seeing this? Rayan, someone?

Don't antagonize Rayan. He's looking for an excuse to close this forum. :D

Even a slow forum is better than no forum at all.

EDIT: It took ten seconds for this to post, but editing was instantaneous.

Right, Jerry, don't bitch!
Sorry you guys are having such troubles. I'm doing this through Mozilla Firefox, no problems.
But Fakebook is really slow. I bitch bit does no good. Maybe IT should come down!

Don't get me wrong, I think this forum is terrific, especially after adding Cosmos to my forums, which so far is just OK, not as good as UU. My workaround is to quit and launch Safari, I really don't like any of the other browsers, I find Safari to be faster. I might test Chrome just to see if the problem happens.

Just did and I don't like the way it works, couldn't find a setting to automatically show a new tab, it also doesn't change the color of a link I used. Not for me.

Last edited:
One thing to consider is that the Internet in general is being used by more people and in different patterns as a result of more people being at home as opposed to at work. This might be contributing to experiencing different kinds of response from what we expect.

But it only happens with UU, as soon as I go to another site, it doesn't happen. If it's the UU server, I just looked at the most people at one time is 1,910, doesn't seem like that many. Right now it's 247. I'll see if happens now.

Just clicked on every thread in the new posts section and no stall, so maybe it has something to do with how many people are on UU. But then when I quit Safari and immediately launch and go back to UU, it works. Can't figure out what's going on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom