Electric Ukuleles?

maki66

Reaction score
Do we have an Electric Ukulele board?

If not, lets start an EU thread.

Tell about what you got, casue I'm interested.

Seems like all that is out there are Risas.

I have a Blue Star Konablaster by Bruce Herron but he is at least semi-retired now. If you go on Etsy and search for electric ukulele, there are lots of builders.

I loved and miss my RISA soprano. I am thinking of getting the cheap ammoon solid body electric with the stimulus money when it arrives. If they aren't available at that time then I will probably order either the Grace Vanderwaal concert or the Fender Jazzmaster in a month or two.

Look at Fanner Guitar Works in South Africa, not cheap and not fast, but he does good work. He made me a custom mini electric bass that came out really well. He's on Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FannerGui...o-avatar&listing_id=661605435&order=price_asc

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
How would you define an "electric ukulele"? I'm guessing that would be an instrument with a solid body and steel strings - or would you include all amplified ukes?

I've got a BugsGear EleUke, soprano scale - solid body, built-in preamp, normal uke strings. I use it for when I want to practise at night and not risk disturbing the neighbours. I can play it unamplifed, when it makes very little sound (but just enough) or through headphones.

John Colter04-04-2020.jpg

I've got a Godin Multiuke. Nylon Strings. It has been a pleasure to play. Price boosted at the end of 2018. Would be hard to buy new now.

I looked hard at the Pono's and the Risa LesPaul Model. I also looked at Antica Ukuleleria. The UFOS is certainly interesting and it looks like Antica has a new solid body more traditional looking electric uke.

Seagull has both a nylon and steel string model. Other than pickups and strings I can't tell a difference. Perhaps they are adjusted for expected tension. They might be electro acoustic.

I've got a Godin Multiuke. Nylon Strings. It has been a pleasure to play. Price boosted at the end of 2018. Would be hard to buy new now.

Early last year, or was it the year before, I bought a sunburst Godin Multiuke in the Marketplace for $400 in perfect condition. When I saw how high the prices went, I'm so glad I did it. It's an earlier model woth the jack below the strap button, I don't like the later strap button/jack type.

Top Bottom