Flight Sprit Concert Ukulele

UkeStuff

Reaction score
The Spirit is one of Flight’s most expensive ukuleles—and is only a mid-range ukulele for other brands.

This instrument is gorgeous, and has tons of features.

My biggest complaint is that I want to compare it to the sound of my Koa KoAloha, which is ridiculous. Treated as its own ukulele, it sounds excellent, plays well, and is really quite a value purchase even though it is a $550 ukulele.

The One Minute Review and UkeGuide reviews appear below.

Mahalo for the Review!

Beautiful ukulele but like you mentioned, a bit pricey for some of us.

Still, sounds and looks good!

I suppose my 'grail' uke would be a Blackbird Clara... :)
But a still-to-be-released Carbon Fiber Soprano, Concert-scale Soprano (body),
or Concert model might also be interesting!

keep uke'in', Everybody!

Mahalo for the Review!

Beautiful ukulele but like you mentioned, a bit pricey for some of us.

Still, sounds and looks good!

I suppose my 'grail' uke would be a Blackbird Clara... :)
But a still-to-be-released Carbon Fiber Soprano, Concert-scale Soprano (body),
or Concert model might also be interesting!

keep uke'in', Everybody!

Your "grail" and mine are one and the same. ��

Aside from the excellent review, that's a really nice comparison about tonal qualities of koa and acacia as well. By the way, Pono often do the gloss body / satin neck combo also. It's definitely a winning combination.

I absolutely love how these more expensive Flight models look. Especially the headstock is gorgeous, as you mentioned. I really want to get one of their nicer concert models but I'm waiting for them to bring out a model that has the Soundwave system on it (they are coming btw ;) ).

What an awesome and comprehensive review. Thanks.

Aside from the excellent review, that's a really nice comparison about tonal qualities of koa and acacia as well. By the way, Pono often do the gloss body / satin neck combo also. It's definitely a winning combination.

I absolutely love how these more expensive Flight models look. Especially the headstock is gorgeous, as you mentioned. I really want to get one of their nicer concert models but I'm waiting for them to bring out a model that has the Soundwave system on it (they are coming btw ;) ).

Thank you! As I’m doing some work with Flight (voluntary), I have heard about a couple of models in the works, but I really honor everything I’ve been told as if I signed a NDA. All I can say is that the Soundwave has been well received.

Thank you! As I’m doing some work with Flight (voluntary), I have heard about a couple of models in the works, but I really honor everything I’ve been told as if I signed a NDA. All I can say is that the Soundwave has been well received.

I simply sent them an email asking about the Soundwave system and they told me they had at least some concert models with Soundwave in production. Haven't signed an NDA or anything. I assume it's ok to disseminate this kind of information but I'm happy to delete my message if it isn't (I believe they read this forum so they can feel free to PM me).

They also mentioned that they're launching the Soundwave system separately so that it can be installed on any of their ukes by their selected vendors. I actually saw it mentioned on their website already but I think they removed it quite quickly for some reason. In any case, I really love how open they have been with this sort of info.

I simply sent them an email asking about the Soundwave system and they told me they had at least some concert models with Soundwave in production. Haven't signed an NDA or anything. I assume it's ok to disseminate this kind of information but I'm happy to delete my message if it isn't (I believe they read this forum so they can feel free to PM me).

They also mentioned that they're launching the Soundwave system separately so that it can be installed on any of their ukes by their selected vendors. I actually saw it mentioned on their website already but I think they removed it quite quickly for some reason. In any case, I really love how open they have been with this sort of info.

There's no NDA...I just do a lot of work with a few companies in the tech and now the ukulele industry. Unless a company specifically tells me, "We want you to say this," or "It's okay for you to say this," I treat what I've been told in confidence. I'd rather err on the side of caution than write about things (or make a video) and find myself in a bad position.

You did nothing wrong...I didn't mean to insinuate that you had. I was just saying that if I knew anything, I (personally) couldn't verify or deny it at this time.

I love the through the bridge stringing, I won't have any other type of bridge now. That bridge is clunky though.
Nitpicky, but I'd love a chamfered armrest and a radiused fretboard, for which I'd pay another 100 bucks.
It is a looker.

I've always wanted a Victory motorcycle, I rode on back of one once, what a powerhouse! It towed my BF and I over the Skyway bridge and never breathed hard. Best motorcycle I ever rode.

Last edited:
There's no NDA...I just do a lot of work with a few companies in the tech and now the ukulele industry. Unless a company specifically tells me, "We want you to say this," or "It's okay for you to say this," I treat what I've been told in confidence. I'd rather err on the side of caution than write about things (or make a video) and find myself in a bad position.

You did nothing wrong...I didn't mean to insinuate that you had. I was just saying that if I knew anything, I (personally) couldn't verify or deny it at this time.

No worries and no offence taken. In your position, I'd probably do the same, but as a consumer I generally prefer and respect openness regarding information. :)

Hi,

Soundwave system will be applied also to some Concert sizes (and one Baritone) models in Summer, exact date is a bit hard to predict, due to the current situation.

Seperate Soundwave preamp system is finished and packing as we speak, so we will launch it in the coming weeks ! We will announce it on our social platforms :)

thanks and stay safe.

Hi,

Soundwave system will be applied also to some Concert sizes (and one Baritone) models in Summer, exact date is a bit hard to predict, due to the current situation.

Seperate Soundwave preamp system is finished and packing as we speak, so we will launch it in the coming weeks ! We will announce it on our social platforms :)

thanks and stay safe.

Awesome! As I said earlier, this openness is one of the things I like about Flight. And for the record, I will be getting one of those Soundwave concerts. :)

I love the through the bridge stringing, I won't have any other type of bridge now. That bridge is clunky though.
Nitpicky, but I'd love a chamfered armrest and a radiused fretboard, for which I'd pay another 100 bucks.
It is a looker.

I've always wanted a Victory motorcycle, I rode on back of one once, what a powerhouse! It towed my BF and I over the Skyway bridge and never breathed hard. Best motorcycle I ever rode.

I agree about a radius fretboard on a model like this...not a requirement but it would be possible with tech ebony.

The real loss of the Victory brand of motorcycles is that for much of the first ten years (started in 1999), most owners spent time in a forum like this one, and many of us knew each other quite well. It was a community of its own...but as leadership changed at Polaris and the Victory brand grew and added Indian, a lot of that community was lost. Up here in the Twin Cities area, one local dealer—now out of business—would organize trips to Osceola, Wi to see the engine plant and Spirit Lake, IA to visit the rest of the assembly plant.

I’ve been to plenty of Harley events and Honda events—and Sturgis. I love all of those things...but the Victory community was a unique thing for a while.

I saw a few a these on uke rep website this morning and thought they looked familiar. I had seen something called the BrightSun BS-21 in a for sale ad that is very similar- same headstock, fret dot placement, cutaway and soundhole cutout, but different bridge shape and dot/rosette material. coincidence or not?

Last edited:
Top Bottom