Calling all flower gardeners

plunker

Reaction score
I am the ultimate nemesis of of flowering plants. My wife loves these egret orchids. Anybody have any practical experience to share.

Attachments

• Egret-Orchid-3.jpg
    Egret-Orchid-3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
Wow!
Not me, I have a brown thumb with orchids.
I do have:
Vinca (Perrywinkle), impatiens, aloe vera, smooth leaf cactus, bamboo, fiddleneck fern, banana trees, coleus, and ivy.
I See an orchid tree on my walks nearby.
orchids.jpg

Don't use soil, they like very open, fibrous material. I used rolled up newspaper mixed with grit and compost for mine

I wouldn’t say that I was much of a gardener, no skill really other than then weeds always seem to thrive. On our kitchen window sill (indoors) we have an orchid which is now several years old, it has flowered quite a lot and is a delight to see. Care wise we do next to nothing to it other than lightly water from time to time, it was supplied rooted in bark clippings and in a transparent pot. I was told by a ‘professional gardener’ that such a pot replicates how they grow in the wild, just sitting on the bark of some host tree.

According to this trend, the entire plan and design of the garden is prepackaged with separate packets for each variety of flowers. A careful layout is created later about the proposed pattern to be made. There are many sources available such as magazines, books, and online sites which provide you information about the tips for gardening.

My mother loves orchids but I do not know anything about them. I can ask her about this type of orchids. I am interested in what she can recommend)

Top Bottom