Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 425: The Idiot Box

I know Steve already did it, but this is on of the few Theme songs I actually like, so maybe it can become our theme's theme song .
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    I’m going to add this to the playlist, but it was not the theme music to the show (unless it was a 1-off played under the end credits).

One more time, for the folks in the back:
    The song MUST BE opening or closing credits tv show music. NOT songs played during an episode. THEME MUSIC ONLY.
    Looks like I broke two rules. I turned up an hour early... clocks changed in Finland and I am so used to posting at 12 o'clock Finnish time.
    And then I misread the opening statement that it should only be opening and closing songs... as penance I am going to stand on the naughty stair for 10 minutes.... and please don't tell matron.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    Looks like I broke two rules. I turned up an hour early... clocks changed in Finland and I am so used to posting at 12 o'clock Finnish time.
    And then I misread the opening statement that it should only be opening and closing songs... as penance I am going to stand on the naughty stair for 10 minutes.... and please don't tell matron.
    No apologies needed, and no one reported anything to the matron :-)
    I didn’t even look at the time! After 3 weeks of shelter in place and work from home I’m lucky if I can name the day.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Default State Trooper

When the Sopranos first came out, I thought the first two series was one of the best things I'd ever seen on TV. But that's where it should have ended (after two series, like "Life on Mars" or "Ashes to Ashes" - or indeed "Fawlty Towers"(!)). Instead, it turned into a soap. A soap with a higher than average body-count, but still a soap. I gave up half-way through Series 3. You can understand why HBO didn't want to kill the goose that's laying such golden eggs, but the story arc over the first two series was such that Tony Soprano had to be dead or in custody by the end of the second series (two series of 13 episodes each! 26 episodes is plenty for a drama. 85 episodes is a soap).

But while the series did still hold my attention, one of the things I particularly admired was its use of music in the closing credits - none more so than in the Series 1 finale.

Last edited by redpaul1; 04-05-2020 at 08:58 AM.
    Argapa custom piccolo | Argapa custom resonator soprano | Rob Collins custom soprano | Kavanagh custom concert | Ashton soprano | Clearwater SB electric concert | Kala PU-SMH sopranissimo | Kala SSTU-BP soprano | Kala C/MU concert "The Mighty Uke"! | Kala SSTU-C concert | Kala SSTU-T tenor | Korala UKS-310 sop | Harley Benton BCJ100-FMH SB electric baritone | Lanikai S-B Baritone | Clearwater "long neck" baritone | Tiny Tangi

Too Drunk To Pluck

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    No apologies needed, and no one reported anything to the matron :-)
    I didn’t even look at the time! After 3 weeks of shelter in place and work from home I’m lucky if I can name the day.
    Yeah, name that day could definitely stump me 6 days a week these days
    Talk less, play more . . . .

"Love is All Around," the theme from the Mary Tyler Moore Show, was released on the country charts by the composer Sonny Curtis twice, once in 1970 and again in 1980. The version used for the show was shorter and more pop-flavored.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Three songs in one video, with commentary.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

I could share a version of this one with y'all any time. Seriously, thank you <3

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Don't believe I've seen the show - the theme song went through a few different versions with different series but I liked the Aretha Franklin one -

This one sounds even more wonderful while isolated from so much of life. Version three here. Let's get about twenty more, yeah?

Love, strength, and health to you!
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Thread Information