Season 425: The Idiot Box

Also, management regrets to inform you that John Prine has passed. If you have already played a TV theme song and you wish to bring one John Prine tune in tribute please do.

Terrible to hear about J.P. Passing! Thanks for hosting Andy. Posting this collaboration I did with my friend Ashley. I'm hoping she'll become a regular contributor here as time allows :) We co-lead one of the local uke meetups here in Houston, and play together regularly in various settings as part of the Houkulele collective. "I'll Fly Away" qualifies as it was the inspiration and them song for a tv series of the same name in the early 1990's. Hope everyone is doing well ~

No, did I miss your post Paul!? So sorry about that. I just added you.

I posted on Sunday, between Wim and AlanDP at #11. I even included, at your request, an excerpt from the closing credits to show you the song being played behind them.

Here is one from True Detective, season 1:

Also, management regrets to inform you that John Prine has passed. If you have already played a TV theme song and you wish to bring one John Prine tune in tribute please do.
Am greatly saddened by the death of John Prine, and wanted to do this one. A poignant enough song anyway, all the more so in light both of the current world situation , and John’s passing. Apologies, I struggled a bit at the end. RIP John Prine :(

Last edited:

Summer's end came faster than we wanted...

From the Hanna-Barbera world of idiocy for kids....plus punk rock.

I loved ‘Happy Days’ as a kid - but it hasn’t aged well. I saw some repeats of old shows a while back and it was pretty cringeworthy! Some things should just stay in the past I guess! :)

Shocked by the enormous amount of diverse songs on the given Wiki site, I finally came to Little Boxes. Cloverdale Kid was somehow faster than I, so here's another rendition. At least some bees may impress you :cool:

Hello again, Andy! Sometime in pre-history, there was a programme on Saturday evening BBC, featuring British bandleader, Billy Cotton (my Dad was a fan!) He would open each programme with his signature "Wakey, Waak - aaaay", followed by this song. (If this rendition seems a little OTT, I can only plead insanity caused by too much self-isolation.)

Billy Cotton's intro:

My version ...

Last edited:
Howdy folks,well its been a long long time since ive been apart of this, i feel bad i dont get to take part these days,but here is a blessing for being stuck at home i guess.
Great theme for this week, so here is my entry from one of the greatest and long running shows from back in the old days when i was knee high to a grasshopper. its good to be back and i certainly will try to take part more often. So hello old and new seasonistas . Take care stay safe and keep being positive X

Here's an attempt at the theme music from BBC Snooker on tenor and baritone ukuleles (snookerleles?) This is the first time I've attempted to merge two videos together with clever phone app tomfoolery and I'll not lie, I found it a right kerfuffle...
A bit loose in places but, hey! That's how I roll...x
I have no idea why the picture quality is so bad...

Last edited:
Top Bottom