Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 425: The Idiot Box

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Also, management regrets to inform you that John Prine has passed. If you have already played a TV theme song and you wish to bring one John Prine tune in tribute please do.
    Am greatly saddened by the death of John Prine, and wanted to do this one. A poignant enough song anyway, all the more so in light both of the current world situation , and John’s passing. Apologies, I struggled a bit at the end. RIP John Prine
    Last edited by One Man And His Uke; 04-08-2020 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Pavement View Post
    Also, management regrets to inform you that John Prine has passed. If you have already played a TV theme song and you wish to bring one John Prine tune in tribute please do.
    Summer's end came faster than we wanted...

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

From the Hanna-Barbera world of idiocy for kids....plus punk rock.

I loved ‘Happy Days’ as a kid - but it hasn’t aged well. I saw some repeats of old shows a while back and it was pretty cringeworthy! Some things should just stay in the past I guess!

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Shocked by the enormous amount of diverse songs on the given Wiki site, I finally came to Little Boxes. Cloverdale Kid was somehow faster than I, so here's another rendition. At least some bees may impress you

Hello again, Andy! Sometime in pre-history, there was a programme on Saturday evening BBC, featuring British bandleader, Billy Cotton (my Dad was a fan!) He would open each programme with his signature "Wakey, Waak - aaaay", followed by this song. (If this rendition seems a little OTT, I can only plead insanity caused by too much self-isolation.)

Billy Cotton's intro:

My version ...

Last edited by LimousinLil; 04-08-2020 at 05:02 AM.
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw
    ​"Never hurt that person whose only intention was to see you happy."

Thanks again for hosting Andy! ~ R.I.P. John Prine ~

Talk less, play more . . . .

Howdy folks,well its been a long long time since ive been apart of this, i feel bad i dont get to take part these days,but here is a blessing for being stuck at home i guess.
    Great theme for this week, so here is my entry from one of the greatest and long running shows from back in the old days when i was knee high to a grasshopper. its good to be back and i certainly will try to take part more often. So hello old and new seasonistas . Take care stay safe and keep being positive X

"I'm Playing all the Right Notes, just not necesserarily in the Right Order " - Eric Morecambe

UKETUBES: UkuleleDaveey

Not an entry, just sharing an old one from season 61...

Here's an attempt at the theme music from BBC Snooker on tenor and baritone ukuleles (snookerleles?) This is the first time I've attempted to merge two videos together with clever phone app tomfoolery and I'll not lie, I found it a right kerfuffle...
    A bit loose in places but, hey! That's how I roll...x
    I have no idea why the picture quality is so bad...

Last edited by bobjking; 04-08-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Thread Information