Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukulele Cosmos Forum

Default Ukulele Cosmos Forum

I heard about Ukulele Cosmos (UC) forum from UU VIP member ukantor.

I gave UC a look, liked what I saw, so I registered and made a first post. I got several VERY friendly responses so I would say that the UC forum is very much alive and active.

I shall continue to support UU as long as it exists but I will also visit UC forum regularly. I love to support stuff that supports ukulele playing and ukulele fans, and I love the give & take of uke forums.

I still have high hopes that Rayan and his team will come up with a way to keep UU going. I will gladly give my share of financial support to such an effort.

I am getting "this site is insecure" messages on my browser when I start to register. Anybody at UC mentioning this as a problem?

I just signed up, but got no such warning.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed1 View Post
    I am getting "this site is insecure" messages on my browser when I start to register. Anybody at UC mentioning this as a problem?
    Hello. I don't post here much but I am a regular Ukulele Cosmos user (we call ourselves cosmonauts!).

The "insecure website" message is because we don't use secure http. You wouldn't want to put your bank details into such a website, but for a forum it's fine.

We'd love to see some of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed1 View Post
    Yes, that site is insecure. The security or insecurity status of any website can be discerned by the site's address (its URL). UU is secure so its address begins with "https". Ukulele Cosmos (UC) is not secure so its address begins with "http". As you will see, the difference is the "s" for secure.

For further explanation, see THIS article.

The security or insecurity of a forum is of little significance unless we are revealing personal information or sensitive data. And we are NOT doing that, are we? However, in this day of rampant identity theft (etc.), it would be prudent for every website to convert to https (s=secure). Even so, as the new kid on the block at UC forum, I am not going to start making suggestions for site improvement just yet.
    Last edited by bellgamin; 04-04-2020 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

I registered in 2015, but found UU to be a better fit, & stayed, until other interests lured me to other forums.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I signed up this morning. Seems like a nice bunch of ukers. Not sure how much time I'll spend if I spread myself too thin.

I peek at Discord now and then, but I'm not a Seasons player so not much to look at right now. Hopefully something else will spin off of UU. This is where I spend most of my ukulele time online. The few Facebook groups I saw weren't worth having to keep a Facebook account. Reddit is just a little too much opinion, not enough knowledge.
    Glenn

Apparently, I am a member of Ukulele Cosmos...., but as the board said:Last visit was: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I'll look around. I noticed in the intro from "Beepers", it suggested ukuleleunderground.com "if you want a more heavily moderated forum".

Personally, I think it is kinda loose here - we are generally adults, and act that way, after all...

-Kurt
    Banjo Ukes: Southern Cross, Firefly, Stella
    Sopranos: Donaldson, Timms, Moku, Waterman, Bugsgear, Outdoor, Waverly Street, Harmony
    Concerts:Cocobolo #460 &#412, Ohana CK450QEL, CK-65D, Rosewood Vita, Mahogany Vita,
    Donaldson Custom, Epi Les Paul, National Triolian Reso, Republic
    Tenors: Kala KA-KTG-CY, KoAloha Sceptre, Fluke, Cordoba 20TM
    Bass: Fluke Timber

Am I done?

...Maybe?...

My YouTube Channel

For anyone thinking of joining, I'm one of the moderators on the Cosmos. We have to approve you because it keeps out spammers, but there are only three of us moderating so apologies if it takes some time - depends on which of us is looking in that day.

In terms of tone - rather more like adults down the pub (we're UK-based), but don't let that put you off. Just be prepared for mockery if you're over-serious

Quote Originally Posted by ProfChris View Post
    In terms of tone - rather more like adults down the pub (we're UK-based), but don't let that put you off. Just be prepared for mockery if you're over-serious
    Oh no. After living in Canada for 20 years I might now be too sensitive to take the sarcasm. I am being kind of serious.

Thread Information