Guadalupe & Uke Logic Strings

about2

Reaction score
Months ago I purchased a set of Low GCEA Guadalupe strings for my bari. Didn't like em so much then, but tried them this week and found them to be pretty nice. Funny how things can change. Since I originally tried them, my playing has improved which may be one reason I think the strings have improved. Ha! They make the bari a cannon of an instrument. In the video, I'm not playing hard but you can hear the resonance and volume. Not sure how it would do in a group setting. But it certainly is bringing out a nice voice out of the instrument. Seems to work well on slower pieces. Quick songs could get a little muddy....

Thought it might be nice to compare them to another set of strings I am fond of - Uke Logic's. So I recorded the same tune. The strings are their high tension with a Low G. I've tried a variety of strings on the Tenor Pono I used in the video. The Uke Logic strings are by far the best I've found for it. The uke logic sample starts at about 2:52 if you want to skip to it.

https://youtu.be/C9LKoi9PEHk

Not perfect playing, but it does allow you to hear the strings. Recorded in my home using a Rode mic. No enhancements added.

Last edited:
The link took me to a video that is listed as private (and therefore not available to me). You may need to chose the privacy setting that allows anyone using a link to see it but doesn't make it available for YouTube searches.

Yep, me too. Private. Without permission.

replying so I can find later...

GCEA on a bari? Unusual

GCEA on a bari? Unusual

Yeah, it is rather unusual, but I’ve tried a variety of strings on all my ukes. Much cheaper than buying new ukes.....putting GCEA on my bari was a poor mans way of trying a super tenor. That is if you already own the bari.

Thanks Jim. The Uke Logic made the pono really come to life. I’d tried a variety of strings on it, but nothing sounds as good on it as the uke logics. The Guadalupe I like as well and if I had a second bari, I’d probably keep one strung that way. Of course that could mean down the road a “need” for another uke......but I’m good for now.

The recording was done with a rode microphone set up as a boom. No audio enhancements were added to allow the strings to give as true a picture as possible.

I have a Moore Bettah baritone with Uke Logic high tension strings and I absolutely love the way it sounds. (Disclaimer: The baritone came with Uke Logic strings so I don't know how it would sound with other strings, but the fact that Chuck Moore strung this baritone ukulele with Uke Logic strings is a very strong recommendation.)

Top Bottom