Congratulations, New Zealand!

New Zealand is defeating the coronavirus.

"New Zealand isn’t just flattening the curve. It’s squashing it."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

We went early after learning from other countries mistakes. We went for a total 4 week lockdown of everything other that essential services. We are not out of the woods yet, but are only half way through the lockdown period, but the outcome is looking positive. Stay safe everyone.

We went early after learning from other countries mistakes. We went for a total 4 week lockdown of everything other that essential services. We are not out of the woods yet, but are only half way through the lockdown period, but the outcome is looking positive. Stay safe everyone.

And congratulations to your Prime Minister for letting children know that The Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy are Essential Workers, so they will be On The Job when needed. A great way to make use of Make-Believe.

As opposed to the Make-Believe that comes out of Washington...

This may be Parody, but it is also truth.

-Kurt​

:D That was too good not to give you a shout out.

Well played!!

I'm glad the USA was able to lead by example and show the rest of the world what not to do. USA #1! ;)

In the past Jerry your country has often got it right. Unfortunately not so much this time. But we send you all the Aroha we can spare.

And congratulations to your Prime Minister for letting children know that The Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy are Essential Workers, so they will be On The Job when needed. A great way to make use of Make-Believe.

This may be Parody, but it is also truth.

-Kurt​

Our PM has grown into the job, during some pretty horrendous times. First the Christchurch slaughter and now a global pandemic. She has my utmost admiration.

I thought we agreed that this Coronavirus stuff was to be relegated to the General forum pages?
Thanks for the link, Kurt, that was very good.

My daughter and her family live in Nelson and are on the 4 week lockdown. My 5 year old granddaughter says they are "homestuck". I just love that term - it is so appropriate and seems to encompass our current situation. At this time I don't see an end but just live day to day. There are negatives but some surprising positives.
Hopefully we all get unstuck soon.

As a skeptic, I would say it is predominantly due to their very low population density.

I too am sceptical but not about New Zealand. They have a can do history and a make it work attitude that I can but admire. How counties fair in this pandemic is down to a lot a variables that include both Government action and social attitudes. Here in Europe I understand that Germany is helping its neighbors, Germany has a certain reputation for being organised and its citizens take a lot of personal responsibility for what is happening directly around them.

As for what’s coming out of Washington I can’t say that I like it but I expect no change at the next election. Anyway UU is pretty much a no go area for politics and religion, long may it stay so because those two topics can be so poisonous to the harmony between friends that would otherwise exist.

Pleased to see the NZ health minister was demoted after driving his family 20km to the beach during lockdown too. Nice to see a country not afraid of making an example of a politician when necessary :)

The positive message, cooperation and decisive action in New Zealand should be an example to the world. The cooperation within the country is refreshing to read and hear.

Well, here in the other, much better, Washington, Gov. Inslee closed schools and cancelled events of more than 250 on March 17, had gradually more restrictions, and we've been on stay at home since the 25th. We just sent back the army field hospital because we won't be needing it. Peak resource was April 2. We started as the biggest hot spot in the nation. So I think that's hopeful for everyone--intervention works.

Well, here in the other, much better, Washington, Gov. Inslee closed schools and cancelled events of more than 250 on March 17, had gradually more restrictions, and we've been on stay at home since the 25th. We just sent back the army field hospital because we won't be needing it. Peak resource was April 2. We started as the biggest hot spot in the nation. So I think that's hopeful for everyone--intervention works.

Ohio is also doing very well because that state started doing things in early March. Delay is deadly.

Pleased to see the NZ health minister was demoted after driving his family 20km to the beach during lockdown too. Nice to see a country not afraid of making an example of a politician when necessary :)

That was the New South Wales health minister. Different country.

Top Bottom