A bow to a hero among us: Mimmo of Aquila strings

ukulelekarcsi

Reaction score
Mimmo works in the hard-hit North of Italy, and heard of the adaptation of widely available snorkel masks into medical virusproof masks. A 3D-printed valved extension on the snorkel allows for filtering the air and attaching oxigen tubes, while other printed parts ensure a tight fit.

Unfortunately, 3D-printing companies and amateur volunteers quickly ran out of plastic monofilament.

So Mimmo stepped in with his Aquila string company, and has worked day and night for the last week, in full quarantine mode, to supply kilometers of quality thread to the hospitals in the region. For free.

5e7e03af70c53.jpg

[Sorry, I only know noticed Mimmo already mentioned this in better detail in the thread about the Aquila Sugar strings. Nevertheless: a very sincere bow to you, sir!]

Last edited:
There are a lot of very diverse companies and manufacturers doing this around the world which is fantastic but yes, Mimmo from Aquila is probably the only representative in these pages so should be roundly applauded :worship:

Hat off to another hero, and prayers for safety.

Mimmo, and everyone at Aquila, thank you for doing this. Your selflessness and help most likely has saved many lives by helping to protect the medical people working on the front lines.

May you, your family and friends be safe and get through this healthy.

I hope Italy is now on the down curve. :agree:

Bravo Mimmo, good work and everyone at Aquila.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Mimmo, and everyone at Aquila, thank you for doing this. Your selflessness and help most likely has saved many lives by helping to protect the medical people working on the front lines.

May you, your family and friends be safe and get through this healthy.

I hope Italy is now on the down curve. :agree:

+1.
While there are so many horrible stories from this pandemic, it's things like this that remind me that there is still plenty of good in the world, and much to be thankful for.

Thank you to Mimmo, Aquila, and to all everywhere who are helping us through this difficult time.

Stay safe, everyone!

Buy some Aquila Reds. Highly recommended by Captain America.

Guys I have seen this post,
I am not an hero and I do not feel to be it.
I have just recognized that there are huge difficult to find here in Italy the 3D PLA plastic filament to realize that special device for the modified masks. So me and my son started to work a lot of hours per day in order to supply almost all those small factory collected together by a special chat here in Italy that are making (by means of 3D printers) these devices for a lot of northern Italy hospitals.
The organizer of the chat (That live in Bergamo town, one of the worst place for the Corona virus) told me that we are the only factory in Italy able to make these damn 3d plastic filaments. I cannot believe this thing..
ok, stay healty dudes.
Mimmo

Last edited:
Yay, Mimmo!
Although I don't commonly play on Aquila strings, I respect you sir, for your work helping to save lives. Keep up the good work, I'm thinking that when I wear out the Nylguts on my banjouke, I might try some Reds.
I will say that, around here, more people play Aquila strings than any other brand.

Top Bottom