Season 426 "You Can't Unsee It"

This song is called See, it is by an artist called Dan H.
https://youtu.be/ippSFRHRGmE
Some more on Dan H. Me and Lynda once covered one of his songs called Cheese and Candy. He featured Lynda version on his Facebook page. He contacted me last week, about my cover of that, as he wanted to put that up on his own Youtube channel, and if I did any other covers of his song. He also asked if I wanted to play that on stage at one of his gigs when he is overhere someday in the distant future. The Cheese and Candy is gonna go up there for sure. But he first put my cover of his song call Harley up there.
wow that is great! and i well remember when you introduced me that fab song!

thank you for this week Janet
a Godstar song from their Sleeper LP (1993)
joo and i recorded today

How about... REGRETROSPECT? :)

EDIT: After being very pleased indeed with myself for coming up with this one I did a web search and found it’s a word that already exists in the urban dictionary and means something a little different. I think it suits our purposes better - but then I would! :)

REGRETOSPECT: Fab' word ...crawling through german words I found "overlook" (über-sehen) which IMHO has in both languages the same meaning, i.e. "overlooking a fault". In german it's also e.g. "cannot overlook (estimate) how far something will reach..."

I cannot oversee if I have overseen something oversea. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ahoy
My weekly submission is a somewhat depressing song by the thrash metal band Machine Head. When I saw the theme this was the first that came to mind but the song was very meaningful to me as a young adult, fighting with all the feelings and emotions that come with coming of age.
Anywho

Took me a few days, but I think this song does both the see and unsee. Unfortunately I cannot sing it in a bar with a hundred people while I diss-robe (seriously the best video on YouTube).

Hello again, Janet! I am hoping that "looking" will qualify for this week; although I suppose you can look with actually "seeing" .... hmmm! (Sorry, my voice isn't brilliant ... I've had hay fever for about a month - we are surrounded by trees here and the sweet chestnut trees are particularly lethal.) Anyway, this comes with my very best wishes to everybody ... keep safe!

Thanks for hosting Janet! This Jackson Browne song is one of the first that came to mind when I saw your theme for the week! Hope everyone's doing as well as can be expected in these crazy days ~

Thanks for bringing more music for me to see. I’ve been lacking in my duties for hubby is hogging the computer! Worst Covid symptom for us so far!! I’ll get computer time this evening though so. I’ll ‘see’ you then!

A traditional childrens song which was a big hit for the Stargazers

In this song the narrator happened to see an old friend, and I believe that he regrettet seeing him...

I am not sure if it is too far fetched for the theme :)

I figured that with two of me I can be twice as much off key...

Good week for John Fogerty songs. Heck, any week is a good week for John Fogerty songs.

Thanks for hosting, Janet!

All caught up and we have 26 video's on the playlist. Thank you everyone. It's been a pleasure to listen and comment. See ya tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
Season of the Ukulele 426 is "You Can't Unsee It" - it's a season about seeing real things, especially things you'd wish you never had. "Frankie and Johnny" tells a story of what can happen when you see something that upsets you. Wikipedia is unclear on who wrote this song, but says it was inspired by one or more actual murders.

For the record, my wife instructed me to tell you that we do not approve of singing such scandalous songs with our children. After she told me this, I considered both her very clear instruction and the evidence shown on this video. Having weighed these carefully, I want to tell you - emphatically - that we do not approve of singing such scandalous songs with our children.

Last edited:
Top Bottom