Season 426 "You Can't Unsee It"

FYI - The playlist link is not working for me. It only takes me to your intro video, but none of the submissions? Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Here’s an original written by me for the season and performed by me and Lynda (bird’s eye view of my ukulele) - together known as Yazuke. (For those that don’t know, we coined the name by combining ‘Yazoo’, a fave ‘80s synth pop duo of ours, with ‘ukulele’.)

“If you had seen what I have seen,
If you had been where I have been,
If you could see inside my head
You’d run away from me”

Thanks Lynda!

So quite late last night my dad sent me a text asking if I remembered a song. I immediately listened to it again and it became an instant earworm for me although i got funny looks from the Mrs.

My dad used to play this all the time when i were a kid and apart from me and my brother loving it because we found the name of the band, Butthole Surfers, hilarious, i also loved it because it sounded like nothing else I'd heard before.

Then I realised that the chorus sort of fits here.

"I don't mind the sun sometimes, the images it shows"

"You never know just how you look through other people's eyes"

Even "I can taste you on my lips and smell you in my clothes" suggests an experience the narrator can't get rid of, or unsee

I've taken a few liberties because I was never gonna be able to emulate the production on the original but I feel like it's been worthwhile.

FYI - The playlist link is not working for me. It only takes me to your intro video, but none of the submissions? Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

I have discovered there is a problem with the link. I cannot seem to fix this. I ended up with two of the introduction videos. I deleted one edit deleted them both. So I had to re-upload the introduction video and then for some reason there was still two of them. To get to the actual playlist (it’s there) you have to go to the playlist section and look at the video that says it has X amount of videos on it. I will post this info on the first page as well. I am afraid to delete the extra video because it might delete the whole playlist.

Just to be clear. Are you saying you can't un-unsee it?

For Season 426 of the ukulele, "You Can't Unsee It", here's the Flaming Lips' "You Have to be Joking (autopsy of the devil's brain)". Played here on tenor ukulele with singing, I added overdubs of Ashbory Ubass, secondary vocals, and organ in the bridge.

Thanks to Janet for hosting!

Trying again for upload.
Link works but picture in film strip doesn’t. Have no idea why. :)

Ciao

Last edited:
Sight Unseen a WeeOriginal

Oh she was a beauty a real cute cutey
she was the best one yet
There is nothing much to say she took my breath away,
it was as good as the internet could get

She said her dad was dying and she was frantically trying
To raise up a few spare quid
She said oh my darling honey could you send me some money
And since I loved her that is what I did.

I thought I'd be a hero but now my bank account is zero
And I feel like a worn out old has been
I thought she was nice, but please taken my advice.
Never buy things sight unseen

Howdy Seasonistas and thank you bonesigh for hosting and a interesting theme.

This week i have decided to do a song by one of my favourite bands, this always adds self added pressure by myself as i want to do it justice and i tend to struggle more, well i did 8 takes and a lot of swearing,hopefully i have cut that all out :).
Well its great to be back in the bosom of the seasonista family in these troubled times, music is a positive so keep on playing and sharing guys and stay upbeat and positive and safe X.

Here’s an acoustic uke only solo version of an original song that I collaborated with Lynda on earlier in the week. Somebody commented, quite fairly, how tricky it can be to showcase the uke in that kind of multitrack production - so I thought I’d strip it back to something nearer basics to see how well (or otherwise) it works. You can decide! :)

Incidentally, I realise it’s not necessarily par for the course to submit different versions of the same song in the same week so I’ll leave it entirely up to our glorious host to decide whether this can be considered an ‘official entry’ for the season; and I will unquestioningly accept her judgement! :)

Top Bottom