Worth Strings

maki66

Reaction score
My wife bought a Cynthia Lin Ukulele which came with Worth Browns.
She really likes these strings.

I was going through the list of Worth sets and found the that they have many variations but not much information.

Could I ask peoples opinions on the various sets and everyone's likes and dislikes?

High g, low g, soprano, concert, tenor, baritones, we play them all.

Do tell!

I like the Worth CM strings on my koa ukulele. I have Worth BMLG on one mahogany ukulele. Worth light is OK for strumming, but too light for finger picking (for me anyway). I have not tried the Worth hard strings, medium is enough for me.

The Brown mediums are my favorite Worths. The tension, feel, clarity seem to be most balanced. I tried the clear hards and wasn't as much of a fan. Also had the clear mediums on a baritone (sold some time ago). The D and G were a bit floppy.

My Kamaka tenor has Worth CM low G strings and I had the BM high g strings on a previously owned Martin T1K. Both very pleasant in their own ways.

I don't find a huge difference between CL and Martin M600s, maybe the Martins are a little thicker.

The CD (hard) strings worked well on my sopranino so played nicely at gCEA. Might be a good option if you find soprano tension too loose for your liking.

I didn't really like the Browns much, but I don't like that style of string in general. The sound isn't what I'm looking for and too thin for my preferences. So it could be, if you're wife likes the Browns, she'd be more interested in Kala Reds or Fremont Blacklines than other Worth strings. But if she likes the Browns, why change a good thing? :)

Mostly used them on soprano scale. Might have tried them on a concert scale.

I've had Worth Browns on my Cocobolo Ukulele for years, I really love em. I just restrung my resonator uke with them, I think I'll like that too. I use mediums. My lo G uke uses worth Browns except for the G.
Aquila strings are too fat.

Top Bottom