Sing book.

Rllink

Reaction score
Anyone know of a guitar equivalent to the Daily Ukulele books, commonly known as the yellow book and the blue book? I would just play out of them, but I think that the songs are arranged with ukulele in mind and it might be easier to find a resource more oriented toward guitar.

Maybe look at the Parking Lot Pickers Songbook? It’s mostly bluegrass and old time, and some gospel. Not good if you want to play pop stuff though. It’s got about 200 songs in standard notation and tab with chords, pretty reasonable arrangements.

C, F and G (and etc) chords, are the same 'chords' (at least in name) regardless of instrument.

If you have a guitar chord cheat sheet, which I am sure you can find online, or else search for whatever chords you need and you can find the pictograms and fingerings, you can then use the "Daily Ukulele" books as they are, with the existing chord names, but instead of playing the songs on uke, you play them on guitar, piano, etc.

Also, IIRC, the standard notation shown for the treble clef, with the lyrics, in those books is for the melody line for the vocals, and not indicative of any specific instrument.

Unless you are looking for different songs than what are in those books, if you already have those books, they can still be used for any other instrument that is not in fact a ukulele. This way you can save yourself some money. :)

Hal Leonard has a line of guitar books under the "Easy Guitar" heading. There is 12 pages of books arranged for Easy Guitar on the website.

Yes, thank you Bill. I've seen the twelve pages of books. I'm not looking for books, I'm looking for a book that is something like the yellow book and the blue book that is universally used by guitar players that I could get. Maybe that book does not exist. I don't know. That's why I asked.

Anyone know of a guitar equivalent to the Daily Ukulele books, commonly known as the yellow book and the blue book? I would just play out of them, but I think that the songs are arranged with ukulele in mind and it might be easier to find a resource more oriented toward guitar.

ozbcoz.com/songbooks

2700+ popular songs, with chords for uke, baritone uke, guitar, guitlele, mandolin, banjo, and left-handed versions of all of the above.

ozbcoz.com/songbooks

2700+ popular songs, with chords for uke, baritone uke, guitar, guitlele, mandolin, banjo, and left-handed versions of all of the above.

Very good, thank you. I also like that I can download it to my tablet.

Top Bottom