another Mahalo, Choirguy

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
Another big Mahalo (Thank you) to Dr Chris Russell (aka Choirguy)
for creating Practice videos to accompany the 'Uncle Rod's Ukulele
Boot Camp' Practice Sheets! (Boot Camp link in signature below)

Choirguy has taken the chord progressions from each of the 5 Practice Sheets
for the keys of C, F, G, A, & D and created videos to lead those who want to use them
to learn chords and to practice chord changes at the default tempo of 82 bpm. There's
at least one video for each of the 5 Practice Sheets.

I suggest using only the 8 beat and the 4 beat segments for Beginners initially.
The goal is to play through the segments in time with the video until you are fairly
comfortable, then moving on to the 3 beat, 2 beat and 1 beat segments. :)
[I believe you can adjust the tempo using 'settings' to increase or decrease the bpm
(beats per minute)]

BTW, if you can play through Choirguy's practice videos from beginning to end at 82 bpm,
especially if you can do the 1 beat segments, you should no longer consider yourself a 'Beginner'
... No Way!

I recently began teaching members of my family to play the ukulele and
used Choirguy's YouTube videos to do the final practice runs before
ending the session. They could do it! At least the 8 beat and 4 beat segments! :)

[Challenge: see if you can do better!]

If you'd like to find and use Choirguy's videos, search YouTube for 'ukulele boot camp'.

Mahalo, again Choirguy, for your generous and creative efforts in
making those videos for students of 'Uncle Rod's Ukulele Boot Camp'!

keep uke'in' Everyone!,

Last edited:
Uncle Rod, thanks for that shoutout. And many thanks to you for making your resources available to all!

I've based my "Ukulele Skill Drill" exercises on your work...short strumming sequences that include the chords (or some of) the chords that a student already knows, adding a harmonic accompaniment, and then practicing the changes as different tempos. It's quite successful.

I'd consider the full 'Ukulele Boot Camp to the be "final exam!"

Top Bottom