Collings Guitar for Sale: 01 12-fret German Spruce/Walnut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Collings Guitar for Sale: 01G 12-fret German Spruce/Walnut

Collings 01G 12-fret, German spruce/Walnut - Bill Collings Signed Label

Purchased from The Music Emporium, this is a a wonderful sample of a "single oh" sized guitar from Collings. The lower bout is just 13 3/4" wide, so this is a great guitar for uke players interested in trying guitar.

Of course, the build is impeccably well-executed. The tone is warm and surprisingly full for a small-bodied guitar. Wonderful overtones, too. The 12-fret 01's are really where it's at in a smaller-bodied guitar. This guitar is in excellent condition and could pass for a new, but shop-played guitar. Bill Collings signed label (see photo).

Love this guitar but have too many (8!) and figure this is one that should sell easily since these are not easy to come by.

Specs below and I've also attached a couple of photos. For more photos, see original photos as posted by TME here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hes66nnCDjDtpH766

· German Spruce top
· Walnut back & sides
· Ebony pyramid-style bridge
· Bone nut & saddle
· Waverly Tuners
· 24 7/8" Scale length
· 1 13/16" nut width
· 2 5/16" string spacing
· TKL Case
· Serial No. 26071

Smoke-free, cat-free home home that is maintained at 45-55% humidity. When the instrument is cased, it always has Humidipak's.

Sorry, I'm not interested in trades because I should move some out and get down to 5-6 instruments. If I didn't want to reduce my count, I'd be keeping this. While I tend to prefer more figured woods, this sounds absolutely lovely. Wouldn't at all be disappointed to hang onto it, but happy for it to land in a new home.

Was $3,500 shipped ground, CONUS, price reduced to $3,300

I have sold scores of ukes (and a guitar) here on UU and FMM. I always offer a 3-day inspection period. If not completely satisfied, notify me within 3-days and send back to me at your cost in same condition and I will refund all but my shipping cost to you.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Beautiful little guitar Eddie. But, it's not for me.

It's always been a pleasure buying one of your fine instruments. I hope this sells quickly for you. It should, it's a Collings.

Great instrument, Eddie. That headstock is sharp! TME is relatively close to me, and a great store for high end stuff. Best of luck with the sale!

-Steve

Gorgeous. Damn Eddy, you sure have gotten your hands on some lovely instruments. Unfortunately, I only buy used instruments from homes with cats.

Beautiful, top notch guitar. Love the headstock volute and pyramid bridge details.

I have two offers pending on this on Reverb. They don't net quite what I wanted to net but I may be just suck it up and take one, so if somebody would like to grab this for $3,200 shipped CONUS, let me know ASAP.

Last edited:
What a beauty.
Love that rich dark stain on the walnut...
And the lovely pyramid bridge. I understand those are a labor of love.
When will you post a sound bite?

Tracie, you definitely don't want to hear my sound sample. But here is an identical review by Eddie's Guitars, a very reputable shop in St. Louis:

https://youtu.be/bLMEYS48Hz0

The two offers I got on Reverb didn't quite reach my minimum so this beauty is still available.

This is a great parlor sized guitar for someone wanting to explore the guitar coming over from the ukulele! The nut width is in the crossover range, between a standard and classical nut width. This really is a fantastic price as it has some nice upgrades including the German Spruce top! Being signed by Bill Collings doesn't hurt either :). Finally, Eddie is a really stand up guy who has done a lot of wonderful things for the ukulele community and the Ukulele Kids Club! Hope this one finds a new home soon ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom