Banjo Uke- What Brand?

sphillips

Reaction score
I have an old banjo uke that has been in the family a long time but not sure what brand it is. My research makes me think it is a Stromberg-Voisinet, but that name is not located anywhere on the unit. Any help would be appreciated. One of the internal metal parts has, "W.M.P. Co., which I have found to be Waverly Musical Products. They probably made the tuners as well, which I also need.

Thx again,

steve

IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0410.jpg

I have an old banjo uke that has been in the family a long time but not sure what brand it is. My research makes me think it is a Stromberg-Voisinet, but that name is not located anywhere on the unit. Any help would be appreciated. One of the internal metal parts has, "W.M.P. Co., which I have found to be Waverly Musical Products. They probably made the tuners as well, which I also need.

Thx again,

steve

View attachment 126417View attachment 126418

Hi Steve, I have owned a couple of Strombergs over the years and they had a distinctive headstock shape, which yours does not have. It might be a Slingerland, they built instruments for some retailers without their name on them. Some photos of the side and back may be useful.

Sorry it took so long to respond Dennis. I got the thought that it is a stromberg from the pic in this link, let me know you think. Its missing the peg heads, which have an 1/8" diameter shaft for the holes in the head,. Don't know if those are still available out there in cyber space or I should plan on drilling for modern pegs. Thx for your input.

steve
https://reverb.com/item/760254-c-1920s-stromberg-voisinet-banjo-ukulele-sweet

Also, here is a pick of the only peg that was on it, which matches the peg in the reverb link above. Any chance of finding these somewhere in cyberspace? 1/8" shaft

Have a very close look at your headstock and a very close look at a Stromberg. Completely different.

Top Bottom