Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aiersi Soprano Pineapple Ukulele.

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    Today I ordered another Aiersi Pineapple SU-021P (for a friend) direct from China. According to the sales blurb, they are still supplying the fifteen fret version but I won't be disappointed if it turns out to be a twelve fretter.

It will be interesting to compare the latest one with my original, bought about six months ago. All the reports indicate that they are very consistent in quality and sound. I don't expect an HPL instrument to 'open up', but six months of regular playing might have settled mine down a bit and got it used to being a musical instrument. We shall see, in the fullness of time...................

John Colter

I see these one sale for $26 (US), with 15 frets, but then there is an added $16 shipping fee. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...6a896973BYeCZF

The extra shipping fee is applied to all US shipments from Aiersi right now (unless you buy on Amazon, which is really the way to go for American buyers at the moment).

I'm waiting for shipping to return to previous prices (e.g. I can order a concert Pineapple Naomi for $28, shipped--and I would if I didn't have enough ukuleles to review for the next two months at the moment).

Now...is this Pineapple worth $42? Yes, it is. But I really wish I had bought 4 at under $25 so that I could give them away.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

I agree, most heartily! It is definitely worth $42. - a bargain, even. Aliexpress have made a major revision. Previously all prices were quoted in US$ and almost all included the p&p. Now they recognise that I am in the UK and they quote in pounds sterling - very often with p&p as an extra charge.

I've just got the message confirming that the new pineapple has been shipped. Now for the long wait.

John Colter

ps - The SU-021P can be purchased from Alibaba for a unit price of $18.00 - minimum order is 10 units and shipping is $154.33 - total cost $334.33 plus import duty/taxes.
    Last edited by ukantor; 09-11-2020 at 01:28 AM. Reason: additional info.

My second Aiersi Pineapple has arrived! Ordered on the 10th - received on the22nd. Sent by airmail, no additional charges. Great, wasn't expecting that! It is a fifteen fretter, like my first one.

The strings are still settling (label says Aquila Supernylgut) but already I can tell that this is another very satisfactory purchase. The string heights are just as I like them; the intonation at the 12th fret is good; the tone, balance and volume are really pleasant; the build quality is very good.

On my first example, I replaced the strings and that made an improvement. On this new one, the O.E. strings seem fine. Played one after the other, both ukes sound excellent. Not exactly the same, but very little different. In a blind test, I can't tell which is which. When the new one has had time to settle, I'll decide which one to keep and the other can go to its new home.

Full marks to Aiersi.

John Colter

Thread Information