Aiersi Soprano Pineapple Ukulele.

I must have lock-down fever! I just saw your review and promptly ordered one of these from AliExpress. What the heck! It comes to just under £20 with flimsy bag and a tuner. I'll probably forget I ordered it and get a surprise when it eventually arrives.

It's good to have a decent cheapo in hand, in case I get the urge to commit a random act of kindness. It has been known to happen.:rolleyes:

John Colter

I can also only speak for the one I bought, which has been stolen by my son (with permission), but this is really quite an amazing ukulele for a shockingly small amount. It sounds even better with different strings (Martin M600 in this case) but the new strings does bring the price up to $30.

I placed the order late last night. This morning, when I switched on my computer there was a message telling me it has been shipped and will be with me soon. I won't hold my breath.

Meanwhile, I'll order a set of Martin M600 strings. I've been looking for a reason to try them.:shaka:

John Colter

I'm sorely tempted. It sure sounds great at that price (or even at a higher one). However, I can't stand a soprano neck* -- much too small -- I gotta have a long neck. Even so, this thread has infected me with UAS (even though I DID wear a mask while reading it) so I am now shopping Reverb & Mim's for a long-neck soprano (ukulele, that is).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Well... there was this one exception to my long-necked soprano criterion: a beautiful lyric-soprano named Maya, who I knew in college. She had a perfectly lovely neck that was juuuust right.

As mentioned above, I ordered an Aiersi Pineapple, SU021P, as a result of seeing this review. It finally arrived this morning. I can only echo everything that Choirguy says about it. My experience is exactly the same. Except that delivery took 47 days, owing to the Covid19 pandemic.

No problem, I've got a really good ukulele for about £20- including p&p, fabric carry bag and a tuner. It's an amazing deal.

This is the first new, cheap uke I have bought, that requires no set-up or adjustment. It plays perfectly (for me) right out of the box. I will take Choirguy's advice and fit Martin M600 strings. The original strings are fine, but the "E" string has a slightly strange resonance. It's hardly noticeable, but I hope the Martins will banish it.

Many thanks, Choirguy! I'm a happy bunny.

John Colter

Haha, they're using your video on AliExpress and you've convinced them it's worth $34.99 now.

Prices in the ukulele market are skyrocketing right now, especially in the budget segment. For example, Aklot solid tops were $55, now $80.

The Aiersi pineapple is worth $35. No question about it. He big question right now is shipping from China...it’s been a mess. I’ve been waiting two months on a cheap plastic Kmise I wanted to review, and more than a month on two standard Aiersi ukuleles that we’re on eBay for $14 each (not directly from Aiersi—another vendor carrying them).

And they are welcome to use the review, just like anyone else...but I do hope they’ll link back to the YouTube video...I potentially earn $0.003 for each view (with ads) from YouTube. If that video gets a million views, I’d be able to buy some more ukuleles to review! ��. [It’s not going to get 1,000,000 views, or anywhere close to it!]

I do have an Aiersi concert coming soon...I am looking forward to that review and seeing if the product line is as reliable as I think it is!

As mentioned above, I ordered an Aiersi Pineapple, SU021P, as a result of seeing this review. It finally arrived this morning. I can only echo everything that Choirguy says about it. My experience is exactly the same. Except that delivery took 47 days, owing to the Covid19 pandemic.

No problem, I've got a really good ukulele for about £20- including p&p, fabric carry bag and a tuner. It's an amazing deal.

This is the first new, cheap uke I have bought, that requires no set-up or adjustment. It plays perfectly (for me) right out of the box. I will take Choirguy's advice and fit Martin M600 strings. The original strings are fine, but the "E" string has a slightly strange resonance. It's hardly noticeable, but I hope the Martins will banish it.

Many thanks, Choirguy! I'm a happy bunny.

John Colter

I’m very glad it worked out. My eight year old took mine...and he drags it around with him everywhere.

Prices in the ukulele market are skyrocketing right now, especially in the budget segment. For example, Aklot solid tops were $55, now $80.

The Aiersi pineapple is worth $35. No question about it. He big question right now is shipping from China...it’s been a mess. I’ve been waiting two months on a cheap plastic Kmise I wanted to review, and more than a month on two standard Aiersi ukuleles that we’re on eBay for $14 each (not directly from Aiersi—another vendor carrying them).

And they are welcome to use the review, just like anyone else...but I do hope they’ll link back to the YouTube video...I potentially earn $0.003 for each view (with ads) from YouTube. If that video gets a million views, I’d be able to buy some more ukuleles to review! ��. [It’s not going to get 1,000,000 views, or anywhere close to it!]

I do have an Aiersi concert coming soon...I am looking forward to that review and seeing if the product line is as reliable as I think it is!

I went to check that out and thought I was losing my mind because I couldn't find the video on the website. Turns out the video is only on the mobile app and no link to YouTube. That would be pretty sweet though. Maybe ask them if they would.

I was wrong... Ignore me!

I was thinking of another Chinese manufacturer that starts with "A"...

Never mind!

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Looking at specs this seems to be made mainly of synthetic materials like HPL and Richlite with plastic tuners. Can someone confirm and also tell that this is suitable for playing in the rain or other outdoor conditions?

It is standard laminate. It is a composite fretboard...whatever that means! I wouldn't play any HPL ukulele in rain...I would only put an Outdoor Ukulele through that.

Aiersi 'Pineapple' Soprano

I was quite pleased with the sound of my Aiersi Pineapple soprano, but hoped it might improve as the strings settled in. It didn't. There was a rather strange resonance happening, which seemed to be coming from the 'E' string. While the sound of the uke was pleasant, it didn't exactly gladden my heart.

I've ordered a set of Martin M600, but they won't arrive until the end of next week. Being impatient, I decided to fit some Aquila 'Nylgut' concert strings. I've had this set in stock for about twelve years. They were taken off a brand new Ohana Vita Uke.

It has made a noticeable improvement. The new (very old!) strings are still settling, but already the sound has more authority and balance. It's not easy to compare and describe sound. Suffice to say, I won't be in any hurry to try the M600s on my Pineapple. I like it as it is!

As Choir Guy has said, this uke is much, much better than it has any right to be, particularly considering the very low price.
:cool:

John Colter

It is standard laminate. It is a composite fretboard...whatever that means! I wouldn't play any HPL ukulele in rain...I would only put an Outdoor Ukulele through that.

Richlite is a brand name for a type of HPL. Waterproof when it's a countertop, but not sure about fretboards.

Last edited:
I'm not clear about the distinction between different types of modern materials, but the body of my Aiersi Pineaple does not seem to made of regular three ply wood. I would think it is some kind of HPL. It resembles Formica, but is less shiny. The wood grain appearance of the surface is most convincing.

Whatever, it is a very suitable material for making ukuleles.

John Colter.

I'm not clear about the distinction between different types of modern materials, but the body of my Aiersi Pineaple does not seem to made of regular three ply wood. I would think it is some kind of HPL. It resembles Formica, but is less shiny. The wood grain appearance of the surface is most convincing.

Whatever, it is a very suitable material for making ukuleles.

John Colter.

Yeah, Enya does a pretty good job at the wood grain look on their HPLs too. Martin could have learned a thing or two from them, but they don't make the 0XK anymore.

Reading comments below - i don't believe 'composite' in this case necessarily means richlite (though Richlite IS composite as used by Enya). Composite also refers to wooden fingerboards that are basically made of laminate strips (lots and lots of them) stuck together in a long stack then cut. If you look close - if you can see vertical lines running up the fingerboard about 0.5mm wide - it will be wood composite. Probably stained. If it looks almost glassy smooth it will be something like Richlite.

He mentioned Richlite fretboard in the video. Don't know about the body. But with this level of uke, who knows what you're really getting.

Well, just a couple of clarifications as I looked further on this instrument.

It turns out that it is an HPL ukulele (I thought it was "just" laminate), with a Richlite fretboard. Those specs alone skyrocket it into an entirely different class. It's confusing as Aiersi's own materials identify the material as "laminate mahogany" (which is still true, it's just HPL).

I might have some other Aiersi models on the way (purchased months ago on eBay, shipped, but have not arrived--have been refunded but may arrive someday) and I'll have to see what they are like.

I have a couple of Enya HPL models, and I will say that the Aiersi Pineapple has much better sound than Enya HPL models...although similar quality construction.

Sadly, the vendor I purchased from has raised the price of these soprano models to $50. That probably reflects the current supply status and demand of ukuleles...which is going to dip in the coming months as we all emerge from sheltering at home. So maybe the prices will go back down eventually. Either way, this one is probably worth $50, too.

Top Bottom