Status
Not open for further replies.

WebParrot (s2)

Wisconsin, U.S.A.
UU VIP
Reaction score
Sold- Romero Creations Replica Tenor # REP-SM-8007 Solid Spruce/Mahogany - Mint

[ SOLD ]. April 27, 2020

-For Archive purposes. Original Asking price was $680 with Romero Creations gig bag and Sara Maisel strap.
Buyer negotiated alternative price for combined shipping and hardcase.

[photo link removed to prevent the possibility of poaching :) ]

Romero Creations Replica Tenor # REP-SM-8007
Solid Spruce Top; Solid Mahogany back and sides;
Re-strung with Worth Browns - Low G
Strap Buttons installed by HMS as part of their ‘gold standard’ setup.
Didn’t come with a case, but I bought a Romero Creations Case from his retail outlet.
That will be offered with the sale, OR I can offer a Crossrock Hardcase for an extra $65.

Purchased from HMS online:
Will provide a copy of the sales invoice from HMS showing the purchase price, charge for the strap buttons, and a Sarah Maisel strap.

Original owner. When not being played, kept in a CrossRock CRA8000TUCH ABS hard case with both a Boveda 49% Two Way humidifier packs AND and Oasis in-body OH-18. Household is non-smoking, no pets. ( it still SMELLS Sweet ! )
Mint condition-No scratches or player/playing marks. She just hasn’t gotten played much.

Some Specs:
Designed by Pepe Romero
Handcrafted, All Solid Wood
17” Tenor Scale Length
1.5” Wide Bone Nut
12 Frets to the Body
Ebony Fingerboard and Bridge with compensated saddle
Genuine Abalone Rosette, Purfling, and Fret Markers
Black Protective edge binding on front AND back
Mother-of-Pearl Romero Logo
GOTOH Planetary tuners

Why am I selling? I caught the UAS early and was ‘wow-ed’ by this…. My first quality uke having started on a Fender Montecito Tenor, and an Ohana Concert. I thought I wanted the tenor scale and the wider (38+mm) nut. Turns out that I don’t need the wider nut and the longer scale isn’t as comfortable. All this is personal preference stuff because… as many others have declared… this is one SWEET instrument. Sound and appearance are better than conveyed in the HMS video. [ https://vimeo.com/255334192 ]. (video is not of this uke, although it has all the same appearances/likeness.). I’ll work on a brief sound sample and include it with any PM inquiries.

-For Archive purposes. original Asking price was $680 with Romero Creations gig bag and Sara Maisel strap. Buyer negotiated alternative price for combined shipping and hardcase.

-Share shipping 50/50%. (USPS Ground, insured, tracking…provide me with your zip code and I’ll provide and estimate)
-I will pay the PayPal sales fee.

-If you prefer the Crossrock CRA8000TUCH ABS Hardcase, add $65 and I’ll include a Boveda packet AND the Oasis OH-18 AND an extra packet of gel beads.

PayPal only - will invoice with shipping/insurance estimate
US continental only

Last edited:
Beautiful uke!

If it doesn't sell, ask HMS about trading it in. I owned the same Romero Creations Replica Tenor as yours (but sans pickup) and HMS gave me $675 towards a Kala Koa Custom Elite.

Thanks. Good idea (as a relatively frequent customer they may be more willing!) I'm hoping a direct sale will save the buyer a few mark-up bucks that they can spend on their next UAS...

BTW, there's no pickup on this. The strap button they added kind of looks like one, and the angle of the image may have misled.

That's a great price. You should stick it up on Reverb.com also. They have been selling for a good bit more than that on there. I just picked up the same one locally and it's an amazing uke. Whoever picks this up wont be disappointed.

"...Romero Creations Case from his retail outlet..."

Is this a gigbag or a hard case?

Lovely looking mahogany on this uke. Is there a sound sample you can link to?

Great deal on an excellent tenor.

Last edited:
That's a great price. You should stick it up on Reverb.com also. They have been selling for a good bit more than that on there. I just picked up the same one locally and it's an amazing uke. Whoever picks this up wont be disappointed.

Thx, "dd". I've got a number of replies from UU Members; Reverb is an option, but their fees are pretty high.

"...Romero Creations Case from his retail outlet..."

Is this a gigbag or a hard case?

Lovely looking mahogany on this uke. Is there a sound sample you can link to?

Great deal on an excellent tenor.

The great mahogany figure on this is one of the enticements I succumbed to!

Yes, the Romero Creations Case is one of their "Access" branded thick padded. Not as solid as the Kanelia', but pretty solid.

I'll try to add a link or pic.View attachment 126670

The case I was referring to later in the post is a Crossrock hard case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom