season 427: there's a band playing on the radio...

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
...and this week, that band is Roxy Music!

welcome to season 427 of the ukulele!

please bring me...

songs by Roxy Music

solo songs by Bryan Ferry

and original songs that mention "Avalon" in the lyrics or the title

new videos, made for this season, only, please

no song limit

season begins start of Sunday 19th April, and finishes end of Sunday 26th April (Hawaii time)

dinner jackets, and Bryan Ferry vocal impersonations, are most welcome, but not essential!

prize for my fave vid will be an "i can't hear you i'm listening to Roxy Music" notebook, perfect for writing songs/shopping lists etc in

HAVE FUN!

PLAYLIST

N.B. i'm not planning on doing anything on reddit or indeed on discord this week. the season thread will run entirely here on UU. please post all video entries, and all chit chat, and any questions, for the season, here on this thread on UU.

if, heaven forbid, the UU site closes during this season, please will everyone do what i suggest we do if the site just goes down for a day or two - continue posting your videos on youtube - i'm subscribed to pretty much everyone here on the seasons, over on youtube, so i will see your videos, and if i were to miss anything, you could post a note and vid link over in the comments on my season intro vid on youtube.

(if UU remains up and running, just raise any issues of that kind here on the thread, or PM me, as per norm)

Last edited:
Hey Lynda are songs covered by Bryan in play? He's covered a song by another dinner suited bon vivant that I wouldn't mind trying.

Greetings,

Sounds like a fantastic challenge. Time do some investigating into Roxy and Brian Ferry are about. Not ashamed to say I’m not too familiar.

Question: Are we posting in Reddit or here thread above?

Ciao,
Gina

Hey Lynda are songs covered by Bryan in play? He's covered a song by another dinner suited bon vivant that I wouldn't mind trying.

I hope so, I'm planning to draw from Dylanesque, where Bryan Ferry covered around a dozen of Dylan's tunes! I also really liked his cover of Lennon's "Jealous Guy" Didn't realize he was such a crooner :)

absolutely yes!

Greetings,

Sounds like a fantastic challenge. Time do some investigating into Roxy and Brian Ferry are about. Not ashamed to say I’m not too familiar.

Question: Are we posting in Reddit or here thread above?

Ciao,
Gina
i've discovered so many wonderful new bands and songs through the seasons and through season themes, so i'm delighted if roxy music and the frankly delish bryan ferry are new to people - i think you are in for a treat, there are some really lovely songs up for grabs this week!

i'm not planning on doing anything on reddit or indeed on discord this week. the season thread will run entirely here on UU. hosting can get pretty busy when you're just checking one thread, the idea of having reddit and discord season threads running parallel to this thread, making a total of three sites and three threads to be checking, feels to me undo-able! i've found it heavy going, trying to follow the chat on all three sites, even when i'm not hosting!

if, heaven forbid, the UU site closes during this season, please will everyone do what i suggest we do if the site just goes down for a day or two - continue posting your videos on youtube - i'm subscribed to pretty much everyone here on the seasons, over on youtube, so i will see your videos, and if i were to miss anything, you could post a note and vid link over in the comments on my season intro vid on youtube.

if UU remains up and running, just raise any issues of that kind here on the thread, or PM me, as per normal

First (and only) Avalon I thought of....
don't forget the "avalon" option is purely a prompt for original songs for this week. the only avalon cover that is legit this week, is of the roxy music song of that name

Last edited:
I have no clue who Roxy Music is....I gave it a go!!!!

Disclaimer - Post 1 hour and 15 minutes early. I should be disqualified.

I checked the wiki page for Avalon.

So, a mythical keltic Island, with good apples, ruled byvthe god of the underworld and home to some gods and stuff.
In the legend King Arthurs sword was forged in Avalon, and his remains was bought there after his death.

Does anybody have links to more comprehensive sources on mythical Avalon?
In case I choose to write something I like to know if it was considered a paradise or something.

I've strummed this one on a previous season so I thought I'd try a picked version here. My nod to Bryan Ferry is the fact that I'm wearing a shirt in the video as opposed to a t shirt. Unfortunately I've misplaced my dicky bow, sorry about that Lynda. I'm hoping some of you super strumming seasonistas have a go at Sign Of The Times from Bryan Ferry's 1978 solo album The Bride Stripped Bare.

That Dapper Dan Bryan Ferry has covered the late Dapper Dan Robert Palmer's " Johnny and Mary". I always liked this song. Through an amp here with some added Garage band organ.Cheers Lynda, you're going to have a good week...as are we!

Hello, Lynda ... and thanks for a splendid theme this week, with plenty of options. This song has been covered by Bryan Ferry (in 1999). Oh, and I must apologise ... I have temporarily misplaced my dinner jacket. Er ... do I actually POSSESS a dinner jacket??? For the moment, we will have to assume that the suave gentleman on the left is Bryan F. However, in the spirit of "sophistication", I DID go to the trouble of unearthing my pearls ... fake!!!

Top Bottom