Used Kamaka HF-2 - hard to find?

Loska

Reaction score
I'm relatively new in the ukulele world and I would like to know are used Kamaka HF-2 concert hard to find in Europe? Kamaka is closed now and the waiting period to get a new one from Europian dealers is few months or more.

I only know two uke shops in Europe that stock Kamaka: Southern Ukulele Store in the UK and Uke Surfer Shop (i.e., RISA) in Germany. Judging by that, it might be very difficult to find one used in Europe. To be honest, I don't think it would be particularly easy to find one anywhere in the world.

The Eagle music shop in the UK stocks Kamaka as well. It is possible to put down a deposit for a concert. But SUS will have those too in the future when the lockdown is over, and after a very pleasant buying experience I lean towards SUS.

Used soprano Kamakas are usually pretty easy to find in California and Hawaii. These are mostly older models, sometimes from estate sales etc, but sometimes still in great shape. Larger Kamakas are mostly newer and people that buy those are usually buying them as their last ukulele so they don't appear on the resale market very often.

Used soprano Kamakas are usually pretty easy to find in California and Hawaii. These are mostly older models, sometimes from estate sales etc, but sometimes still in great shape. Larger Kamakas are mostly newer and people that buy those are usually buying them as their last ukulele so they don't appear on the resale market very often.

Thanks! That's good to know.

Top Bottom