Kala Elite Tenor w/ LR Baggs 5.0

andy2353

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Up for sale is this Kala Elite tenor with Port Orford cedar top, koa back and sides and LR Baggs 5.0 pickup. I am the original owner and this was purchased from and set up by Hawaii Music Supply about three months ago. The Port Orford top gives this uke a very rich sound; it is warm but with clarity in all the notes. I think these Kala Elites in general have a rich full sound with great low end. The koa is amazing, lots of curl and just gorgeous to look at. There are two sort of bright spots on the back, about the size of a dime, which did not show up in any of my photographs. They can't be seen in direct light, only kind of at the right angle in indirect light. I assume it was from rubbing up against something I was wearing but since they are difficult to see, the uke may have come with them.

I am selling because although I keep trying tenors, I am really a soprano guy and I am looking at something else. I am listing this at $999, shipping and original hard case included to CONUS. Thanks for looking!

Andy

IMG-5288.jpg
IMG-5279 (1).jpg
IMG-5277.jpg
IMG-5276.jpg

Last edited:
These are great values new. Gently used, they are even better. The x-bracing they adopted I think in late 2018 or early 2019, works really nicely. Good luck with the sale -- somebody will be very happy.

PM sent.....

A few people have asked for some closer pictures of the back of this uke and the bright spots I am referring to. Like I said, you can only see them in the right light at the right angle. It almost looks like they were buffed a little too vigorously on the otherwise satin finish. Two small spots, one lower middle and one near the top; I did my best in the photos but difficult to catch on camera:

IMG-5300.jpg
IMG-5305.jpg
IMG-5301.jpg
IMG-5306.jpg

Had a 3KOA for a time, solid it and have since had remorse. SO very nice, very special.

Hats off for the full disclosure about the bright spots. Wouldn't bother me a bit. But it's good to see people fairly describe what they are selling. Good luck with the sale.

Top Bottom