First Build

Bob_H

Reaction score
Hi - just introducing myself - have just completed a Stew Mac tenor ukulele kit build. A few photos are attached. A great learning experience. Looking forward to continuing to build some knowledge and skills - next build is in the pipeline and will ask a little more of me. Still going for a kit, but from an Australian supplier featuring local timbers and a bit more work on my part!

View attachment 126560 View attachment 126562 View attachment 126563 View attachment 126561

Attachments

• IMG_1613 2.jpg
    IMG_1613 2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1623.jpg
    IMG_1623.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 66
That's a handsome looking uke! Very nice.

Makes me eager to get back to work on my Stewmac tenor and concert builds which have been on hold while I recover from back surgery.

And I agree with Titch's recommendation. Graham's Uke book is excellent. I might have avoided some mistakes if I had read that book before building my first two Stewmac kits.

Hi - just introducing myself - have just completed a Stew Mac tenor ukulele kit build. A few photos are attached. A great learning experience. Looking forward to continuing to build some knowledge and skills - next build is in the pipeline and will ask a little more of me. Still going for a kit, but from an Australian supplier featuring local timbers and a bit more work on my part!

View attachment 126560 View attachment 126562 View attachment 126563 View attachment 126561

Lookin' good! I made one of them a couple of years ago.

Cool build. Nice to see yet another Canberran in the group. We seem to be a bit of a hotspot. Ask Graham http://www.mcdonaldstrings.com/ to buy a copy of his uke book.

Thanks all. I have a purchased a copy of Graham's book - didn't realise he was also in Canberra until after the book arrived! Using the book and various forums and YouTube as my main resources for my next project - a kit from Australian Tonewoods (Tim Spittle) featuring tiger myrtle and King Billy. Hopefully continuing the learning process!

Top Bottom