A Japanese Love Song - instrumental

A very pretty tune, Brenda, and you played it very well. Hope you are able to reschedule your trip to Japan at some point in the future.

Jan

Thank you Jan
It’s a very uncertain time. Look like travelling may be on hold for a while although we are booked for Egypt in October. Hope that gets cancelled but don’t think I know any Egyptian songs though. Ha ha.

Thank you Jan
It’s a very uncertain time. Look like travelling may be on hold for a while although we are booked for Egypt in October. Hope that gets cancelled but don’t think I know any Egyptian songs though. Ha ha.

It’s not an Egyptian song, per se, but you could play “You Belong To Me.” It has that great line in it: “See the pyramids along the Nile...”. :)

Brenda-

Love your video. Beautiful tune and playing.

Edit: deleted the video I posted here. Don't want one of mine to linger in Brenda's thread, especially after Jan D posted a link to the original.

-Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks, Kevin. That’s the one I was referring to. A beautiful piece, and one of my favorites to sing. (Your trio did a nice job of it, BTW.)

Brenda,
Here’s a link to the original version, sung by Jo Stafford. The song is in Jim Beloff’s Daily Ukulele book (the Leap Year Edition) and is a favorite with the ukulele gang in Salem, Oregon. It seems to come up more frequently than the other songs in rotation. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfF84ackMM

I supposed to be in Japan this week. I decided to learn a Japanese song just to cheer myself up .... starting to have cabin fever. The closest translation to the song title is 'Unfinished Love Song'. Music is a universal language, hope you enjoy the tune as much as I do.

Beautiful song. :) And beautiful performance. :D

Top Bottom