My auntie has passed.

Nickie

Reaction score
This isn't the best day of my life. My one remaining auntie, married to my uncle for 70 years, has passed away.
She raised two adopted children, and two of her grandchildren. She was a farm gal, and her fruit pies were legendary.
I hope I never forget her, we had some wonderful times together.
BTW, at least it wasn't from COVID19.
Godspeed Patricia!

It sounds like she was a wonderful lady, so I'm sure she'll be sorely missed. I hope you'll eventually get the chance to remember her and celebrate her life. Play her a song or two...

Hopefully the sadness will fade quickly. Then you should have the good memories (including the pies) behind. Sounds like she led a long good life.

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least she passed in a natural way, and not from the dreaded virus. It sounds like she was well-loved and that she leaves behind wonderful memories.

My condolences, Nickie.

Remember - Rest In Peace, Remain In Memory.

As long as you remember someone, they are never really gone.

-Kurt​

I am so sorry, Nickie. She sounded like a wonderful and loving woman.

This isn't the best day of my life. My one remaining auntie, married to my uncle for 70 years, has passed away.
She raised two adopted children, and two of her grandchildren. She was a farm gal, and her fruit pies were legendary.
I hope I never forget her, we had some wonderful times together.
BTW, at least it wasn't from COVID19.
Godspeed Patricia!

Like many others on here I’m sorry for you in your loss. For quite a few years in my younger life I had to live and work many miles away from the family members that were important to me, that time taught me much about living with separation. These days many of those loved ones have passed but I remember them well; as before I cannot visit them but in a way they still live on, they live on not in this world but instead in my heart and mind. As in my younger days I cannot visit those loved ones just now but they still have some special place in my thoughts. I hope that the pain of your loss eases with time and that you can live supported by the many good memories that your Aunt gave you.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find comfort in your memories of your auntie, and I hope she continues to live in your heart.

Thank you MsBean, Keith, Rainbow, Cadia, Acme, Martinlover, Kurt, Laura, Graham, mds725.
I may play Amazing Grace for her, even though I can't be at her funeral.

Nickie, I am so sorry for your loss. Your auntie sounds like a wonderful aunt! Don't worry about forgetting her - you won't. She will be in your heart and memories. You can't forget love. Blessings to you.

Sorry for your loss, Nickie. She will live on in your fond memories.

Dale over in New Tampa

Condolences Nickie.

Peace be with you. :)

Top Bottom