Season 428 - I Can Talk

Today I made some comics for Jon who is missing his dad. Graham used to say : "We battle on star, with great courage and not a lotta cash!" He was nicknamed The Fox. He was the one with all the answers. Jon made some music for the clip. We battle on, star!!!!!

There has been a few Elvis songs allready, but I am the first with poor enough taste to do this one ;)
The first song that came to mind when I heard the theme.

A Q&A session that looks at the lifestyle, politics, fashions and attitudes of a Hippie from the 60's

Hey all

Gonna try and keep the playlist up to date but I seem to have come down the the lurgy and it's hit me for six so watching and commenting is a no go at the moment. Keep the videos coming though and I'll catch up when I'm week enough. Stay safe everyone!

And the only reason I don’t sing along with my electric uke is that there is only one input for the iPad - it’s either uke or mic, so I have to record the vocal separately. I know - it’s a dull fact but nobody reads anything that’s written below the video anyway! :)[/QUOTE]

Call me "old-fashioned" but I like to watch my videos on the forum so that I can read all the extra bits thrown in above and below the video.
Just like I like to scan for clues on every part of a 12" LP....back cover, inner sleeve, matrix message, etc.

Another “Something To Talk About” , written by Shirley Eikhard, and the opening track on Bonnie Raitt’s 1991 album “Luck of the Draw”. Man what a great album. This is played on Big Bad Bari capped at the 1st fret, so it’s a semi tone above Bonnie’s key.

Hey all

Gonna try and keep the playlist up to date but I seem to have come down the the lurgy and it's hit me for six so watching and commenting is a no go at the moment. Keep the videos coming though and I'll catch up when I'm week enough. Stay safe everyone!

Oh dear Ryan. I hope it's not That lurgi! Look after yourself and stay safe.

Another Paul Simon song. He said he got the idea for this one from an obituary in the Times when he was living in the UK.

Got a test this afternoon which will tell me either way

Wow - wishing you all the best Ryan.

In the Seasonistas-general-thread-yakking-joshing-news-and-pictures BJ posted a terrific version of the George Harrison song and posted the information about the challenge.

Have other Seasonistas noticed the "Inner Light Challenge" from the Material World Foundation originally started by George Harrison, and now run by his wife and son? See https://www.georgeharrison.com/the-material-world-foundation-launches-the-inner-light-challenge/ for more information.

It will restore some of my faith in this place if we get a few more versions there.....

My brother and his wife have recovered after getting the virus from the ill fated Ruby Princess cruise.

Here is a song by Phil Ochs called I'm gonna say it now. I never heard of Phil until one of my favorite artist Martyn Joseph recorded an album full of Phil Ochs covers. This particular song was on there. The overlay video was just a random video for the fun of it ;-).

And also wishing you al the best Ryan, do you get the results for the test immediately?

Oh gawd - hope you’re okay Ryan! :(

Hope this will cheer you up mate:

“And he asks you where you’ve been, you tell him who you’ve seen,
And you talk about anything.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom