Oulcraft Soul Concert - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Nice review. When I first saw these on the SUS Youtube channel, they reminded me of the the Rebel ukuleles quite a lot as well, so I'll have to agree there. I'm not a huge fan of the looks either. I probably prefer the looks of the Rebel ukes more but Oulcraft might edge it on the sound quality from what I've seen. Ditch the silly fretmarkers and put an ebony faceplate on the headstock and you'd have a real winner in my books.

What I do really like about this uke is the bridge. I absolutely love that sort of diminutive bridge on smaller ukes like sopranos and concerts. I wish my KoAloha soprano had a small bridge like that, especially when their Opio range already do.

Yeah - very similar to Rebel. I've played a couple of Rebels but not a vanilla concert so hard to compare - but this one has a load more punch to it!

BTW- if you look at their website, the pattern by the sound hole represents the spotted pattern on the owls breast in their logo.

You note it at a 16 inch concert scale while the SUS site has it at 15 inches. Can you confirm the 16"?

BTW- if you look at their website, the pattern by the sound hole represents the spotted pattern on the owls breast in their logo.

Ah - makes sense! (Still - I like the pale wood an my pebbles on a beach thought!! )

You note it at a 16 inch concert scale while the SUS site has it at 15 inches. Can you confirm the 16"?

Odd - Oulcraft website list it as 16" so I used that.. but.... SUS are rarely wrong so I measured it. It's 15!! The Oulcraft website is in error.

Thanks for spotting - will amend the review now!

This looks and sounds really nice. Lookswise and soundwise it does remind me a lot of my Rebel, which as a lot of punch, sustain, clarity and sweetness wrapped up into one. But I have the tenor. I do agree with you about that headstock on the Oulcraft. It jumped right out at me. It seems like a missed opportunity to really show how special this uke is.

Top Bottom