Need pic posting help

Jeffelele

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to post pics from my IPad to an existing thread? Files are in whatever size iPad shoots in.

Pic on page or linked to a host. Whatever works and is simpler.

Searched but didn’t find.

Thanks

Can someone please tell me how to post pics from my IPad to an existing thread? Files are in whatever size iPad shoots in.

Searched but didn’t find.

Thanks

As Croaky Keith said, click on that picture in a frame. I printed "HERE" under it. Then click on Computer, Choose File, and Upload. If you want to add another picture, the clicking choices are slightly different.

UU Pics.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks

(PLEASE NOTE EDIT AT END)

The simpler method has been described by others, but my strong preference is linked to a host. When you upload images directly here, the file limits and how they are displayed is pretty... I don't want to say "bad" exactly, just not great.

I'll demonstrate what I mean. Here is an image linked to a photo sharing site where I keep my pictures:
i-bc3C6Jj-M.jpg

I can post that in just about any reasonable size I want, since it isn't hosted here. I went with a "medium" sized image, just so that it would look decent but not overwhelming.

And then I will upload and attach that same image, which I uploaded at full resolution, but I believe is then downsampled by the site for size reasons, and you can compare how they look.

The other nice thing about linking is that you can make the image appear anywhere in the post, just how you want it, rather than a separate "attachment" that folks have to click or tap on to see. I just think it flows nicer.

To link to images, you just have to click on that same "Picture Frame" icon and then click "from url." That's where you paste the link to your image. Also remember to uncheck the box next to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" otherwise you may as well have just uploaded here to begin with.

Due to spam filter limitations, the easiest way I have found to post images without issues is to make my post with notes like "IMAGE GOES HERE". Then, click to edit the post and replace all of those with the images. If you try to do all of them at once, in the initial post, it is often rejected as spam. Not quite sure why. I have also heard that if you click on the "Advanced" button when making a post, you can put them in right away, but I usually do the two step process.

Pinapple_Sunday_Sidways.jpg

EDIT: Huh. It didn't downsample like I expected it to. And the image I uploaded was quite large! (3904 x 2476 and 6.6 MB on my end. I see if I can figure out what the stored file is actually like. EDIT TO THE EDIT: The stored file here on the forum seems to be about 95 kB and is 1100 x 698) I may have to rethink this, but some of my points still stand. I prefer the image inline, rather than needing to click on the thumbnail.

Last edited:
I think that there is a size limit on the photo files, so if your JPG file is too big it wont load.

You may need to type "compress photo ipad" into google and follow the instructions to make the JPG file smaller, I think under 500K might be small enough, but I can't find the UU instruction.

I'm testing the size limit. I tried a 28 MB image, and that didn't work. This one is 11.2 MB, measuring 4928 X 3264 pixels, or 10 X 16". When I post online, I usually make them 1500 pixels on the long side (3 X 5"). When a posted picture is too small, it isn't worth looking at. The second picture is that smaller size. It uploaded much faster.

2012_08_19-151.jpg

2012_08_19-151 sm.jpg

Last edited:
Also, when your pic is larger vertically instead of horizontally, UU will often flip the pic horizontally, sometimes posting it upside down.

Actually that's not UU, my experience is before you upload it, be sure you have saved in the orientation you want, if you just upload the original, even though your camera shows it in one orientation, it's really not.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

(PLEASE NOTE EDIT AT END)

The simpler method has been described by others, but my strong preference is linked to a host.

That reminds me of another way to post. Post a link to a site like Google Photos. I use Google Photos to share pictures with individuals or groups. Just send a link, and anyone can see your pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jTWWCYnCSaFXDkgZ8

Top Bottom