Ibanez UKC10 Concert Ukulele

Wow, it sounds better than I thought it would. All the Ibanez ukuleles I've seen were covered with glossy material and sounded dead and dull.
This one's different.
You play it very well sir.

Wow, it sounds better than I thought it would. All the Ibanez ukuleles I've seen were covered with glossy material and sounded dead and dull.
This one's different.
You play it very well sir.

Thank you..! No, the instrument is of a kind of open pore, non-glossy laminate wood...mahogany or sapele. It looks very nice indeed. As I say in the video, I was very surprised to find that it was perfectly set up straight out of the box, with excellent action, intonation, fret dressing and fairly decent strings. There was no need at all for any adjustments whatsoever. I will put other strings on it sometime in the future, but for now, the stock strings will do...they're ok. Another plus in my book is the 12-frets-to-body neck. It makes the ukulele more like a bigger soprano dimension-wise, and that gives it a classier look the way I see it. I have never been a fan of 14 frets to the body on any kind of uke. Even my baritone (made by Hora in Romania) has only 12 frets to the body. This Ibanez will be a good little beater...it feels durable too. I may have been lucky for once, but if all of these are like this one, I don't hesitate to recommend it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom