NUD: Red Lava Tenor

Mine arrived today from Hong Kong. I don't want to insult you Jerry, but I couldn't get mine to turn on or charge, either. Then I realized that the charging cable (with that brilliant but crazy bend) needs to be pushed in almost a second-click to start charging. It seemed very deep, but when you're working with a plug you can't really see...it was really easy to overlook.

You're not someone I'm worried about--but in the rare chance that you made the same mistake I did...it might be worth a try.

Mine arrived today from Hong Kong. I don't want to insult you Jerry, but I couldn't get mine to turn on or charge, either. Then I realized that the charging cable (with that brilliant but crazy bend) needs to be pushed in almost a second-click to start charging. It seemed very deep, but when you're working with a plug you can't really see...it was really easy to overlook.

You're not someone I'm worried about--but in the rare chance that you made the same mistake I did...it might be worth a try.

My cable worked fine. It snapped right into place, and the charging light came on. Eventually, it turned green, but I wasn't able to turn on the effects. It was smart of them to have a 90° plug at the uke end.

I am of the opinion: Lava ukulele should offer all buyers the opportunity to return their Lava’s for a refund.

I'm sorry to hear that the effects aren't as advertised. I'm glad I returned mine. It's currently out for delivery to Uke Republic. I don't see as non-effects model being available. For a little over $100, that would be tempting.

Every thing works fine on my lava u but the effects are not as loud as i wanted it to be.

Congratulations! I liked the looks and the sound, but for the price, I wanted everything to work. If this was an older uke, I probably would have removed the electronics and looked for a problem.

It sucks it didn't work right for you. I was wondering how was the return process?

Well, it's not the end of the world. We exchanged a few emails, and Mike gave me the return address. It should be there by 1:30 today. When the refund comes through, I'll be happy.

Last night I spent some quality time with my Lava tenor. Probably an hour, tinkering with the effects controls, etc.

My conclusion is that the effects are overall pretty quiet. Almost non existent when the Lava is pressed against your body. Really muffles the sound. Much louder when slightly pushed away.

When played this way, the tones spring forth. I played thru several songs, paying particular attention to the sounds. Chorus, reverb and volume turned all the way up. I rather enjoyed it very much. Uke was loud and I swear the effects do make a difference.

Getting the hard to turn knobs is the hard part. And which way to turn? I am now sure it’s turn right for volume. Also, which way for Mike? No instructions came with the uke, only how to charge the battery. I think the knobs are meant to be tight, so your body doesn’t accidentally turn them at the wrong time.

Anyways, I feel much much better about the Lava. Where is my strap? Big question.

Top Bottom