NUD: Red Lava Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
It finally arrived! Last night, FedEx delivered my red tenor Lava uke from Uke Republic. It's beautiful, and it sounds great. I requested low-G, and that was a good choice. It's all charged up, and I like the effects. I'll learn more about the effects as I use it. Now I have to find a red strap and a red hot. ;)

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Congrats. I’m curious how you like the sound for a composite Uke vrs a Fluke, Outdoor, Nova etc. It seems very high quality? Can you comment on quality, playability. Also, I’m sure Mike set up really nice.......is there a normal nut and saddle that can be tweaked? I’ve listened to a really good lava guitar review on You tube so just wondering how these ukes stack up. The guitar sounded very good. Enjoy.......

Congrats. I’m curious how you like the sound for a composite Uke vrs a Fluke, Outdoor, Nova etc. It seems very high quality? Can you comment on quality, playability. Also, I’m sure Mike set up really nice.......is there a normal nut and saddle that can be tweaked? I’ve listened to a really good lava guitar review on You tube so just wondering how these ukes stack up. The guitar sounded very good. Enjoy.......

I'm not a stickler for sound. Of course, I want a uke to sound nice, but it's the looks that get my attention. I think it has a nice sound. It's loud enough and has good sustain. Of course, the effects are icing on the cake. Every one of my ukes sounds different - and they all look different. For a valid opinion of how good it sounds, you'll have to look for reviews, which seem to be few and far between.

I love my blue tenor lava u. That low g makes all the difference. Straps should be available mid to late May.

Thanks for that. I was looking for the strap because so many ukes from China now come with them. It wasn't listed in the description, though. I'll have to find a plug to use for the bout end of the strap.

I love my blue tenor lava u. That low g makes all the difference. Straps should be available mid to late May.

I tried sending you a message, but I'm not sure it went through.

I can't turn my Lava on. I push and hold the inside left button, but nothing happens. It's fully charged, according to the LED, which went from orange to green.

Ah man! Sorry to hear that Jerry. I was looking forward to your impressions of it.

I hope it works out for you.

Ah man! Sorry to hear that Jerry. I was looking forward to your impressions of it.

I hope it works out for you.

I like the use and the way it sounds, especially with the low-G. I assume the effects would be similar to those of the Enya electric, so they would be equally nice. I just hope Uke Republic takes it back.

Oh my.. sorry to hear this. Perhaps if there’s a FAQ at the lava website as well? Meanwhile I hope that UR takes it back.

Sorry if it’s an obvious question, did you try playing with the knobs? My daughter has one and it’s not a huge difference with the effects. Some are a little more pronounced than others but it is not like plugging into an amp.

Sorry if it’s an obvious question, did you try playing with the knobs? My daughter has one and it’s not a huge difference with the effects. Some are a little more pronounced than others but it is not like plugging into an amp.

Isn't the LED supposed to turn on when it's working? On the Enya, it does. Yes, I did turn everything up to max - up and down, but there was no difference. If it is actually working, then it doesn't really do anything. The Enya definitely makes different sounds.

Isn't the LED supposed to turn on when it's working? On the Enya, it does. Yes, I did turn everything up to max - up and down, but there was no difference. If it is actually working, then it doesn't really do anything. The Enya definitely makes different sounds.
Oh no. That stinks.

I believe that UKE Republic has a fairly liberal return policy. I Would imagine that the factory will make it right.

Mike will take care of you.

Otherwise, I'm glad that you like the sound.

As for what it looks like, there is a reason that there are a lot of very different looking ukuleles.

I'm generally a person who cares more for what it sounds like than anything else, but I have to like what it looks like before I even try it.

I don't have to worry about trying the Lava..

-Kurt​

Jerry, I checked my daughter’s. When you turn it on, there is a tiny little green light that shows it is on. It is on the outside of the uke near the knobs. Now, that being said, I had a hard time telling the difference between effects on or off. The easiest one was the echo switch instead of chorus and you could hear it reproducing the sound. Like I said, it wasn’t a huge difference between it being on or off. Maybe plugged in those effects are much more pronounced.

Jerry, I checked my daughter’s. When you turn it on, there is a tiny little green light that shows it is on. It is on the outside of the uke near the knobs. Now, that being said, I had a hard time telling the difference between effects on or off. The easiest one was the echo switch instead of chorus and you could hear it reproducing the sound. Like I said, it wasn’t a huge difference between it being on or off. Maybe plugged in those effects are much more pronounced.

Thanks. I suspected that light should turn on.

Top Bottom