Music recording in iPad?

sean121

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is possible to record audio using the sound engine pre-sets from my Yamaha digital piano into Garageband, using an Ipad?

I know how to do it on Macbook, just curious about the iPad.

If yes, how?

Check the Yamaha site, I'm sure they have recommendations.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Sure. You need an audio interface. What are you using to connect the keyboard to the Mac ?

My Tascam US 2X2 audio interface works with both my Mac and iPad. I'm sure many other interfaces work as well. On the Mac it runs off USB power but on the iPad you need to use a power adapter and USB to Lightening cable. I greatly prefer recording on the Mac but the iPad is more portable if you need to wander offsite.

To record audio into an iPad from an instrument, you'll need some kind of USB audio interface specifically for the iPad. along with that you can plugin the audio interface into the iPad, and connect your keyboard to the interface, and after that it will be ready to record your audio

I was using Garageband on my windows with some method I found online. But that doesn’t work any longer. Do you know if there is some other way?

My Tascam US 2X2 audio interface works with both my Mac and iPad. I'm sure many other interfaces work as well. On the Mac it runs off USB power but on the iPad you need to use a power adapter and USB to Lightening cable. I greatly prefer recording on the Mac but the iPad is more portable if you need to wander offsite.

Thank you so much, man. I am gonna use the same then(Tascam US 2x2) if it works with both(mac and iPad) that would be the best thing.

Focusrite also makes good interfaces that work with Mac and iPad. Check the specs and connections to make sure you're covered but even the 1 or 2 inputs models are good quality.

Top Bottom