Great Experience: HMS Reverb

about2

Reaction score
Just completed a wonderful transaction with The Ukulele Station by The Ukulele Site on Reverb. Wow. Twas lovely. If you are in the market for a uke, I think it is worth your time to look on Reverb.com at The Ukulele Station. This appears to be a place where The Ukulele Site places some of their returns or store demo models.

I just received my Romero Creations Replica Mahogony Tenor from them. It was a store demo and as such was offered at a very reasonable price (about 40% off the original). What made my experience super was the way in which they answered my questions. I emailed one question and phone in another. Each time they listened and responded with great insight and respect.

My instrument arrived today and I am amazed at the condition. I cannot see a mark or ding on it anywhere. Nothing indicates it was a store demo.

Lovely experience from start to finish.

Last edited:
I recently bought a Romero Creations ST Concert from the Ukulele Station on Reverb. Like the OP, I'm very happy with the purchase. Although a floor model that had been in the store a few months, the uke arrived in perfect condition.

The only drawback to buying from HMS this way is you don't automatically get their full setup.

.....The only drawback to buying from HMS this way is you don't automatically get their full setup.

Yeah, but how bad could it it be? I don't expect they'd be putting a uke in their showroom that had a really bad setup. I bet they tweaked it when it first came to them, granted that could have been a while ago, with lots of shop play since then.

I'll second this. I recently purchased a uke from the on Reverb as well, also close to 40% off, they were able to include a setup, and absolutely flawless despite being the floor model. I never hesitate to do business with them on their site or Reverb.

The only drawback to buying from HMS this way is you don't automatically get their full setup.

I was wondering about that too. Does it mean you can still get the setup if you ask for it, setup is extra, or what?

I thought about adding the full set up, but like ukecaster mentioned, I reasoned it was in their store and a poor setup would not of been in their best interests. The uke appears to be set up very well. Intonation is spot on and I really like the height of the strings. It is very comfortable to play. The frets are appear to be dressed well. Not all their models are store demos, some are returns. However, one would assume even the returns had some type of setup. Of course, each buyer must make their own call. Quality service and products all around IMHO.

The full set up is an extra $50 on the ones I've looked at. I'm thinking the same thing as Ukecaster, that they've already gone over the uke before it went in the showrroom.

Judging by what I think is your review of the seller, and the item it is linked to, I think you got a great deal on that uke. Congratulations.

Thanks . . . I couldn't be happier. Tis a lovely instrument. I'm grateful to HMS for their handling and the craftsmen and/or women at Romero Creations who made such a fine instrument.

Top Bottom